El Dorado Royale

Old August 20th, 2004, 01:28 AM
Marley1964

The resort itself was poorly runned,the beach was awful if you don't
mind ugly sandbags floating in the beach area-I am a huge beach person.
You have to make an appt to use their restaurants.When we got to our
room-ocean front 1st floor the doorwall lock was broken and you couldn't
lock it,I didn't feel safe having our room open like that.We called down
to the desk and it took forever to get it fixed-it never got fixed my
husband had to do it.The sunken in tub wasn't working.All in all it
wasn't a great experience.The whole resort smelled like sewer.
Literally,this place stinks!

Old August 21st, 2004, 06:32 PM
zuggie

Marley,

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry that you had a bad experience. Have you
been to any of the other all-inclusives in Cancun that you would recommend?

It is nice to hear other's perceptions of a property. We have heard almost
all of your complaints made by others concerning the EDR on other sites, but
for every one negative we have seen several positives. That said, we have
booked a four night stay at the EDR. Wish us luck! I am excited about our
trip and will post a review on our return. We are booked for Oct. 9-13.

As I posted on my first post concerning the EDR, my husband and I have been
on numerous cruises, but have never been to an all inclusive resort. We have
always been amazed at how peoples perceptions differ. We have been on many
cruised that we thought were wonderful and found out after returning home
that others thought they were pure hell!

Thanks Dave for your response to my questions.

I would love to hear other feedback concerning the EDR.

Phyllis

Old August 22nd, 2004, 06:22 PM
Marley1964

All-inclusive resorts are great. No worries on paying for meals and
watersports.We have gone to Aruba and Jamaica all inclusive and love
them.As for Cancun.....I have been there but not at an all inclusive.I
didn't care for Cancun too many beggars and drunks.I don't care for
Mexico anymore.I have also been to Acapulco.I hated that too. I hope you
have a better experience than we did.