St. Louis to NYC

Old January 15th, 2007, 08:44 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default St. Louis to NYC

Hello,

We (My wife, a half year old baby and me) are planning to visit my
brother in St. Louis, MO in March 9,10 this spring. Then we plan to
start driving towards NYC which we have to reach the next monday
afternoon in order to attend a family wedding the following day.

So we actually have from Monday, Mar 11 until Monday Mar 19 to travel
in the car and we are looking for the most interesting route. I would
rather spend Saturday in a place with a Jeiwsh community (Baltimore,
MD?) and anyway won't drive on that day so that leaves about 7 days of
maximum 3-4 hours driving per day.

Our interests include: Nice small towns, folk/bluegrass music, scenic
drives, old estates/plantations etc. What is the best route to take?
what are the must see places on the way? any ideas?

We would rather have as warm a weather as possible so I guess we are
more inclined toward driving through the south.

Thanks,

Yoni
Israel