Flying to India via Amsterdam, Holland : Question

Old November 2nd, 2004, 04:26 PM
Halekala

Default Flying to India via Amsterdam, Holland : Question

Hello All,

I am flying to India via Northwest Airlines. Flight will stop in Amsterdam,
Holland and then to India.

My Question:

1. What should I be prepared for while I am in Schipol Airport in Amsterdam?
I heard that they Interview every passenger even you are in the same
terminal.

I have never flown through Schipol. Any information would be appreciated.

--
Best Regards,
Halekala

Old November 2nd, 2004, 05:01 PM
Miguel Cruz

Halekala wrote:
I am flying to India via Northwest Airlines. Flight will stop in Amsterdam,
Holland and then to India.

My Question:

1. What should I be prepared for while I am in Schipol Airport in Amsterdam?
I heard that they Interview every passenger even you are in the same
terminal.

They always interview you when flying to the USA from Schiphol. It takes
about a minute. "Where did you stay while in the Netherlands? What was the
purpose of your trip? Do you have anything electrical in your carry-on?"

I've never been interviewed when flying to anywhere else (including India)
from there.

Either way, it's not worth worrying about.

I have never flown through Schipol. Any information would be appreciated.

It's a very nice airport with a lot to do. It's also quite large, and some
of the transfers can be quite a hike.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 32 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu

Old November 2nd, 2004, 06:11 PM
Sjoerd

"Miguel Cruz" schreef in bericht
news
It's also quite large, and some
of the transfers can be quite a hike.

True, but a NW from the US to a NW to India transfer will involve a *very*
short hike!

Sjoerd

Old November 2nd, 2004, 06:32 PM
Halekala

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"Miguel Cruz" schreef in bericht
news
It's also quite large, and some
of the transfers can be quite a hike.

True, but a NW from the US to a NW to India transfer will involve a *very*
short hike!

Sjoerd

Thanks for all the information. Now a days airlines are giving E-ticket for
International flights. I have got no question getting e-ticket from the US
terminals. But, how about from India? Will they take a look at my receipt
and give me boarding pass? I hope India is up to date as far as e-ticket
goes. Any idea?

Old November 2nd, 2004, 07:53 PM
PeterL

"Halekala" wrote in message
"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"Miguel Cruz" schreef in bericht
news
It's also quite large, and some
of the transfers can be quite a hike.

True, but a NW from the US to a NW to India transfer will involve a

*very*
short hike!

Sjoerd

Thanks for all the information. Now a days airlines are giving E-ticket

for
International flights. I have got no question getting e-ticket from the US
terminals. But, how about from India? Will they take a look at my receipt
and give me boarding pass? I hope India is up to date as far as e-ticket
goes. Any idea?

If it's the same airline it wouldn't be a problem. Well, it won't be a
problem anyway. Besides it won't be an issue with India because that would
be you destination, right?

Old November 2nd, 2004, 09:30 PM
Miguel Cruz

Halekala wrote:
Thanks for all the information. Now a days airlines are giving E-ticket for
International flights. I have got no question getting e-ticket from the US
terminals. But, how about from India? Will they take a look at my receipt
and give me boarding pass? I hope India is up to date as far as e-ticket
goes. Any idea?

If the airline gave you an e-ticket then the destination is set up for them.
India has this thing where you can't enter international airports without a
ticket but I'm sure you aren't the first person in this situation.

I've flown to a lot of countries in Asia (though admittedly not India) with
e-tickets and it's never been any problem.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 32 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu