Need for a Tour Leader in Paris France Be Welcome.

Old April 14th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Mxsmanic

Tim Challenger writes:

I couldn't work out if it was Adventure or D&D.

Adventure supposedly dates from 1972.

Old April 14th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Mxsmanic

Old April 14th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Tim Challenger

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:47:04 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

Tim Challenger writes:

I couldn't work out if it was Adventure or D&D.

Adventure supposedly dates from 1972.

Ah, but what were Stanislas and Martin playing just now?
--
Tim C.
Old April 14th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Tim Challenger

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:20:30 +0200, nitram wrote:

Tim Challenger writes:

I couldn't work out if it was Adventure or D&D.

Adventure supposedly dates from 1972.

Ah, but what were Stanislas and Martin playing just now?

Silly buggers?

That goes without saying. ;-)
--
Tim C.
Old April 14th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Keith W

"nitram" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:44:05 +0200, Tim Challenger

They only built the PDP8 to catch out liars at job interviews.

Interviewer: Your CV says that you have programmed a PDP8 amongst
other computers.
How many bits are there in a PDP8 word?

A: 8? 16? 24? 32? ...

Interviewer: Don't call us we'll call you. Next candidate ...

Wasn't it 12 bit ?

Keith

Old April 14th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Tim Challenger

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:38:27 +0100, Keith W wrote:

"nitram" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:44:05 +0200, Tim Challenger

They only built the PDP8 to catch out liars at job interviews.

Interviewer: Your CV says that you have programmed a PDP8 amongst
other computers.
How many bits are there in a PDP8 word?

A: 8? 16? 24? 32? ...

Interviewer: Don't call us we'll call you. Next candidate ...

Wasn't it 12 bit ?

The closest I ever got to a PDP8 was to clear out the basement of the
Digital offices in Reading one Summer holiday in my school years.

OT alert
The name of the company was written on wooden blocks over the reception
desk which were easily removable and I changed them to read "pigtail".
Luckily the boss thought it was funny and didn't sack me.

--
Tim C.
Old April 14th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Keith W

"nitram" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:38:27 +0100, "Keith W"
wrote:

Yes but the vacancy was filled some decades ago and the PDP8 was burnt
in an office fire.

I was working for Prime at the time but dont blame me

Keith

Old April 18th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Tim Challenger

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:06:10 +0200, nitram wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:38:07 GMT, "No Spam" wrote:

"Tim Challenger" wrote in message (what's the
ancient Greek for cupboard?).

ntoulapodyte?

??

myxomadyte?

Miximatoses - Rabbit Hutch

:-)

The closest I could get was :apothikidyte. (apothiki ~ broom cupboard/box
room)
--
Tim C.
Old April 18th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Tim Challenger

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 06:03:11 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

Deep Foiled Malls writes:

At what point of your market research did you determine that customers
would pay you ¤300 euros for a days tour of you accompanying them
around Paris as a friend in toe, and then having them obliged to pay
for your lunch?

After examining the rates and services of the competition. But I
actually charge less than that, for small groups, and my fees are
roughly average for the handful of people who offer this exact service.

Ever winder why there's only a handful of them? Are they all apothikidytes
as well?
--
Tim C.