UK terror plot consequences

Old August 11th, 2006, 08:13 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Frank Hucklenbroich

Default UK terror plot consequences

Am Thu, 10 Aug 2006 21:06:14 -0400 schrieb nobody:

And right now, the only way to smuggle booze on board is to buy
chocolate with cognac or other booze inside :-)

Why you need to smuggle booze on board? You travel with Saudian Airways or
something like this? If I want a drink on board I order it ;-)

SCNR,

Frank
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:10 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Jacqueline[_1_]

Default morrow the tolerant

On 10 Aug 2006 22:56:20 -0700, "Gregory Morrow"
wrote:

gRunge groans:

What are you doing on a travel group morrow??
Such a nice tolerant american talking about ragheads
I guess more people plonked you than me

"The love we give away is the only love we keep,"

Americans only love war!
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:17 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Gregory Morrow[_1_]

wrote:

gRunge groans:

What are you doing on a travel group morrow??
Such a nice tolerant american talking about ragheads
I guess more people plonked you than me

"The love we give away is the only love we keep,"

Americans only love war!

Is it true that you like to "entertain the troops", dear...???

--
Best
Greg

Old August 11th, 2006, 11:17 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
RAK

"Pete" wrote in message
Duty-free booze is dead, as you will never again be allowed to bring
bottles of anything onboard a plane again. I'll bet this is a significant
reduction in revenue for certain countries.
...cut

Maybe they will just switch to duty free on arrival which some airports
already have. It makes much more sense anyway, compared to carrying bottles
of heavy and inflammable booze long distances in the cabin.
It will of course take a while to rework the airport layout, but I would
feel a bit safer flying in a plane without hundreds of liters of alcohol in
breakable bottles in the luggage racks.

Most airports are slow enough at delivering checked bags to the carousel,
giving anough time to buy on arrival. The bad news for me is that I usually
buy at low prices on departure in Jakarta and Singapore, then I arrive in
London which has far higher prices.

Old August 11th, 2006, 11:44 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Jacqueline[_1_]

wrote:

gRunge groans:

What are you doing on a travel group morrow??
Such a nice tolerant american talking about ragheads
I guess more people plonked you than me

"The love we give away is the only love we keep,"

Americans only love war!

Is it true that you like to "entertain the troops", dear...???

No, I'm not an ugly transvestite like you, baby!!!!
Old August 11th, 2006, 12:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jacqueline[_1_]

wrote:

gRunge groans:

What are you doing on a travel group morrow??
Such a nice tolerant american talking about ragheads
I guess more people plonked you than me

"The love we give away is the only love we keep,"

Americans only love war!

Is it true that you like to "entertain the troops", dear...???

No, I'm not an ugly transvestite like you, baby!!!!

Are you the hairy legged pretty one, also known as Joe?

Whoopiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....Morrow's girlfriend is coming to cheer up
the show!
Old August 11th, 2006, 02:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Greymoon

Pete wrote:

Duty-free booze is dead, as you will never again be allowed to bring
bottles of anything onboard a plane again. I'll bet this is a significant
reduction in revenue for certain countries.

Not really - the airports will have to make up for the loss of revenue from
the duty free shops by putting up their charges to airlines - who'll pass
it on to passengers.

Forget about bringing any liquid or semi-liquid substance onboard a
plane again, including toothpaste.

I wonder if the airlines are smart enough to stock more water and
food to make up for passengers not being able to bring their own.
Not to mention that fact that it must be free, because passengers no
longer have an option to bring their own.

I can't say I follow the "must be free" argument - it's a better opportunity
for them to sell it!

The authorities have overreacted by banning reading material. It is
not possible to store liquids in a magazine and books can easily be
checked by fanning through the pages.

You could check through a book, but it would delay things even more. My
concern is that there's nothing to occupy the time flying, except tedious
films, in-flight magazines (yawn) and eating and drinking. So up fo the
incidents of drunkennes on flights!

If I can't even take a book or nagazine on board, the departure lounges of
UK airports will be as bare of anything but food outlets and bars as some
abroad. More loss of rent to the airports!

Even more so than usual, I'd hate to be someone who has to wear
a colostomy bag.

Pete

Somehow, I can't see it lasting. Just how long, I don't know.

And .. can I take my watch? It's got a bettery in it (at least, it doesn't
need winding). If not, how do I know what time it is and how long until we
land?

.... Greymoon

Old August 11th, 2006, 03:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Pete

Somehow, I can't see it lasting. Just how long, I don't know.

Just like the ban on knives must end soon, right? Just because you
want it to end, does not mean it will end. Better hope that the UK
starts allowing carry-on bags again soon.

Pete

Old August 11th, 2006, 05:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
[email protected]

all the shops at the airport will go bust with no airport sales they
must be suffering massive losses of sales. airports rely on these sales
..if you cant take anything on board they will all have to shut down .
except what you take in your belly .