Hurricane Frances What about ships coming in this weekend?

Old September 4th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Lunyma

I was wondering what
happens to the folks they drop off early in a hurricane zone? How did they
then get those people out of Florida?

If Royal Caribbean booked their original air, then the cruiseline will
reschedule for them. If people booked their own air, then they have to
reschedule themselves. Seeing as many airports in FL are closed today, and
possibly tomorrow, many people are just SOL! I'm not sure about RCI, but I
know that Carnival was offering a $100 reimbursement to people (on certain
sailings) who booked their own air, so they could change their flight
reservations and avoid the change fee.

Old September 4th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Cathy Kearns wrote:

I was wondering what
happens to the folks they drop off early in a hurricane zone? How did they
then get those people out of Florida?

According to Cruise News Daily, Royal Caribbean has invited their
passengers to stay on the ship for free, untill it is safe to return
to port. They returned to port so that some passengers from Florida
could go and do what they needed to protect their homes. I am sorry I
don't have the email anymore or I would post more of the details.

http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com/

sue

Old September 4th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Cathy Kearns

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

Cathy Kearns wrote:

I was wondering what
happens to the folks they drop off early in a hurricane zone? How did

they
then get those people out of Florida?

According to Cruise News Daily, Royal Caribbean has invited their
passengers to stay on the ship for free, untill it is safe to return
to port. They returned to port so that some passengers from Florida
could go and do what they needed to protect their homes. I am sorry I
don't have the email anymore or I would post more of the details.

http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com/

That sounds like a wonderful gesture. Good job Royal Caribbean.

Old September 4th, 2004, 08:48 PM
JM

RCI gave those passengers a choice. Get off a day early with a $200.00
refund or stay on the ship and wait out the storm with an unknown return
date of Sat/Sun/Mon.

"Cathy Kearns" wrote in message
m...
One cruise line (RCL?) was bringing some ships in a day early, and I

assume
then dropping people off and getting out of dodge for a few days until

they
pick up people a few days late on Monday or Tuesday. I was wondering what

Old September 4th, 2004, 08:51 PM
JM

The Enchantment sails from Port Everglades and was due in Saturday.

"HoTShoT" @ wrote in message ...
My friend went on a Royal cruise out of Port Everglades. I forgot what

ship,
but I thought he said he was coming back Saturday. What is going to

happen?

Old September 5th, 2004, 03:15 PM
HoTShoT

The Enchantment sails from Port Everglades and was due in Saturday.
Obviously that didn't happen, wonder where it is now?