Paid for Two Seats - Only Got One Meal

Old December 11th, 2005, 10:04 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Paid for Two Seats - Only Got One Meal

I am a large 442 pound man of 55 years. I fly quite often but cannot afford
first class or business class.

Usually I am given two coach seats and often a whole row when there are
extra seats on the plane. However I have had to purchase two coach seats
when the plane is full.

Recently while flying from Toronto to Mexico City on Air Canada I had to buy
a second seat.

I was pretty hungry (as usual). I was given a meal and asked for a second. I
was told that other passengers would have to be served first. I was OK with
that. Then afterwards, the flight attendant returns to tell me I am only
entitled to one meal. I said, wait a minute.............I bought two tickets
for this flight and should be entitled to two meals.

The purser comes down as I am not happy with the answer from the FA. She
explains that I was told correctly and that answer was final.

My question to the group is:

When any person buys two tickets, why shouldn't they receive two meals?

I realize there will be some humorous responses coming, that is the norm.
But amongst them I would hope that someone can tell me why?

At over 400 pounds, a second meal would be like a snack.

Kind regards,

Treb

Old December 11th, 2005, 10:38 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Treb wrote:

I am a large 442 pound man of 55 years. I fly quite often but cannot afford
first class or business class.

Nice try... 2/10 troll rating.
Old December 11th, 2005, 11:02 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Treb wrote:

My question to the group is:

When any person buys two tickets, why shouldn't they receive two meals?

The only thing guaranteed with the ticket is the air travel.
The airline is not contractually required to give one meal per ticket.
Now, find a bridge to hide under, and I will send the goats.
Old December 11th, 2005, 06:20 PM posted to rec.travel.air

In article 7RSmf.85490$ki.34736@pd7tw2no,
"Treb" wrote:

[...]

You should consider two things. First, stop eating so much because at
442 pounds, you are playing with fire. Diabetes its complications are no
joy.

Second, contact the CEO of Air Canada to ask about this policy. All
anyone on this newsgroup can do is speculate. If you are actually not a
troll and you are serious, the logical thing to do is to ask someone in
authority at the airline for their opinion.
Old December 11th, 2005, 08:17 PM posted to rec.travel.air

"Treb" wrote:

[...]

Not sure what you and the other poster are saying that I am a troll. What is
a troll?

I am actually down from 480 in the last 90 days, not diabetic, 6'7" tall and
an ex-athlete in college football in 1972. My weight is up now, but my
playing weight in my younger years was around 360 so I'm really 82 lbs more
than then. I would like to be about 350.

I was flying on AC 993 November 22, 2005 from Toronto to Mexico City. I was
in seats 48 A and B

I think I will heed your suggestion and write to Air Canada.

It obviously is not about food here as I could easily have packed more
sandwiches and snacks, etc.

It is really about $$$'s and having to buy two seats. I hate that but
understand that no one likes sitting next to someone so large.

As for the question about two meals, it's just my frustration of paying the
extra $548 plus taxes and not getting what I think comes with the purchase.

Many times I have just asked for an extra entree after the meal service and
FA's just bring one no questions asked. So it's not totally out of the
question to ask but obviously airline policy may be different.

I post the letter and response I get, if I get one from Air Canada. I know
Canadian Airlines used to always respond to my letters but my last letter to
Air Canada concerning change fees never got a response and I never pursued
it further.

Treb

Old December 11th, 2005, 09:22 PM posted to rec.travel.air

"Treb" wrote in message
I am a large 442 pound man of 55 years. I fly quite often but cannot

afford
first class or business class.

First, thank you for being considerate and buying two seats.

It seems to me that if you paid for two tickets, you should get two meals,
twice the baggage allowance, twice the carry-on limitations, etc.

Write a letter (paper, not email) to the airline and complain. You were
ripped off.

Old December 31st, 2005, 10:34 PM posted to rec.travel.air

"Treb" wrote in message
[...]

You're either a pig or a troll - which one is it?