OT - Eileen's Self-Memorial

Old August 11th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Sylvia M.

Default OT - Eileen's Self-Memorial

I didn't know Eileen either...but from her writing, and what you and others
have posted, I know that I would have liked her.

Sylvia

Howie -
Eileen sounds like she was quite a woman. I'm sorry I never had the
opportunity to meet her. My condolences go out to you and your family.

Gayle

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Howie wrote:

First, I'd like to thank all of you who offered kind words of kindness
and Consolation. Below is the text of an e-mail that Eileen sent to me,
our sons, and our dear friend, Linda, this past October.

Old August 11th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Reef Fish

"Sylvia M." wrote in message ...

I didn't know Eileen either...

Me too.

but from her writing, and what you and others
have posted, I know that I would have liked her.

There must be TWO different Eileens in this ng. Else we read
different writings of hers (most likely). She seemed to butt
in every time I was responding to Howie's trolls and gratuitous
insults.

Ah well, this IS Cyber World!! Everyone is a Zombie. Nobody is
really dead. Cyber tears are as unreal as anything else in ngs.

You can sweep dirt under a rug, but Google is the keeper of all
the accumulated dirt until you, me, Howie, and the rest of us
have all bit the dust!

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Howie wrote:

First, I'd like to thank all of you who offered kind words of kindness
and Consolation. Below is the text of an e-mail that Eileen sent to me,
our sons, and our dear friend, Linda, this past October.

Just a thought. Have you or anyone else EVER read anything bad or
UNFLATTERING about anyone in a "Memorial" or "Eulogy"? I think even
Jack the Ripper would have received one worthy to be put up as a
candidate for a saint.

Ok. Howie. I read the Self-Memorial. Nothing personal. Flames from
you or anyone else are welcome. I'll don my Asbestos Drysuit tm
which I owned and wore on numerous occasions in ngs since 1988.

You know what it's like when the sky is dark gray with storm clouds and
the sun breaks through and you can see individual beams? That's how I
feel today. I am that sun.

That explained why I felt like having been sun-burned when Eileen
popped up from nowhere with her torch simply because I mentioned some
facts and reality about Howie.

Picture this: I sit in my ugly chair, the one Archie Bunker would be
proud of, the one that's the color of a bodily waste product.

Was she a narcisstic Archie Bunker admirer?

In my head race all kinds of crazy thoughts,

Hey I knew THAT from her posts about my posts about Howie, even when
not a word was said about her.

but they are good crazy, nice crazy, fun crazy.

She and Howie are both legends in their own minds, too.

A cigarette burns endlessly in the ashtry, one right after another.

Between that chain-smoking and Howie's 2nd-hand smoke, both lacking
the will power to stop or moderate, perhaps it was a case of unwitting
suicide. Who knows?

why shouldn't you have some that smell of ME?)

Gag ... Choke ... Aaaaarrrrrrgh!

Howie's scarf will have to wait till I perfect my skills;

Nah. It was already perfect! Remember how proud you were of them?
Besides, Howie can now have the pre-smoke-fragranted scarf you wore.

Here's the pseudo-philosophy

I'll bite.

I belong to a generation that did away with the rules for
grammar, spelling, sex, school, and just about everything else,

Wrong! I still see plenty of spelling cops, grammar cops, and other
self-annointed cops in newsgroups who showed their true colo(u)rs
when reason and logic failed on their part, and usually when they
ran out of anything of substance in a discussion. Howie was good
at that.

This scarf will be utterly unique; there won't be another one like
it anywhere on earth,

Howie can probably explain even without toting his CV the difference
between "unique" and "utterly unique". I am baffled.

BECAUSE IT HAS NO PATTERN, NO RHYME, NO RHYTHM.
That means THERE CAN'T POSSIBLY BE ANY MISTAKES IN IT.
I am making the rules up as I go along.

That explained EVERYTHING about Eileen!! Now I finally understand
why she is PERFECT, based on everything I've read that appeared in
this ng.

I wish I could bottle it, or can it, or save it. But I can't, so I'm
sharing it instead."

No need to bottle it, Howie. Google has already catalogued, sealed,
and preserved it. Thanks for sharing it just the same.

Your iconoclastic, irreverend, and tell-it-like-it-is cyberspace pal,
whom you have placed in your valuable "killfile". :-))

Goodbye, Eileen. May you have as HAPPY a life in your next CyberLife
as the one you had.

-- Bob.

P.S. But Howie, you are welcome to come out with you FLAME and SMOKE,
when you read the second-hand flames of your other pals. I
quit smoking long ago, and never missed it, nor was I ever
bothered by the smoke from those like yourself. I was bothered
somewhat only by your hot air! :~)
Old August 11th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Reef Fish

"Sylvia M." wrote in message ...