Track the storm on your desktop

Old September 4th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Mike Cordelli

Default Track the storm on your desktop

If you are using any of the live weather station programs like weatherbug or
the others, you can change your home location to West Palm Beach or whatever
and watch the changes caused by the storm as it approaches. West Palm is
showing winds at 21 miles per hour now, gusts up to 41, coming from the
north, which means the outer edge of the storm is nearing.

I know lots of people have weatherbug or one of the other similar products,
but many don't know they can change their location.

Old September 4th, 2004, 02:03 PM
wayne

Just so folks know using weatherbug will cause popup ads as it is part of
the free version as well as banner ads.
If you have dialup it will chew up your limited bandwidth

http://www.pchell.com/support/weatherbug.shtml

Wayne

om...

Old September 4th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

wayne wrote:

Just so folks know using weatherbug will cause popup ads as it is part of
the free version as well as banner ads.

I am using the free version of weatherbug and have never had any
popups because of it.

sue

Old September 4th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Mike Cordelli

Why does anybody see pop ups anymore? The free google toolbar, as well as a
zillion other free toolbars blocks them.

I use the free version, and have never seen a pop up ad.

Anything you do on line uses bandwidth. You always have to judge how much
stuff you can have running versus performance. It certainly uses some
bandwidth, but I wouldn't call it chewing it up.

Old September 4th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Jeff Coudriet

I love Netscape for that reason....no pop ups! I think hackers don't
bother writing hacks for Netscape either! I think it is a lot safer
than IE.

Jeff

Old September 4th, 2004, 04:23 PM
wayne

I stand corrected on the pop ups that is why I included the link to where I
got my info.
I did find a weather program with no ads that is supposed to be pretty good

http://tropicdesigns.net/weatherpulse.php

Chew up was not meant to imply that it was using a large percentage but many
people have programs running in the background that they are unaware use
bandwidth with a high speed connection it is not even noticeable with dialup
it can all add up

Wayne

Old September 4th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Mike Cordelli

We have people in the office that have loaded so many of this type of
program that they fill the registry, which is a total pain to fix (though
now we just prevent it from happening).

No matter what people use, it's totally facilitating to me, at least, to see
the satellite images and at the same time see the wind speed and direction
changes.