Island hopping vs. a cruise for small kids

Old June 8th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Fillednow

Default Island hopping vs. a cruise for small kids

Hi, we are traveling as a family to Greece, which includes 2 adults,
6-month infant, and a 2yr old toddler. We are debating between a cruise
or island hopping. We will be there for about 7 - 14 days in July or
August, depending how we travel.

Any recommendations?

Old June 9th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Fillednow

How are the travel on these islands? Can we use a jogger type of
stroller or do we have to use backpacks with both kids?

Old June 10th, 2005, 10:22 AM

Island hopping - I can't imagine how boring a cruise would be!! It's
quite straight-forward - you will see lots of people travelling with
very small kids.

We used a simple fold-up "stroller" - the lighter and smaller the
better. Fancy strollers will be a nuisance for getting on and off
boats, buses, taxis etc.

For heavens sake be careful of sunburn!! (my personal nightmare, for
small children!!)

Old June 10th, 2005, 10:46 AM

Nitram:

We used the original Mclaren design buggy, very simple and light.

Ditto - they are truly the best! We got sucked into the trap of
thinking "only the best for our baby" and bought a fancy convertible
push-chair with padding, tilting seat, heaven knows what. It never got
used - too much trouble and weight. The Mclaren was used and abused
over all terrain and passed on intact to someone else!

Old June 12th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Gregory Morrow

The Mclaren was used and abused
over all terrain and passed on intact to someone else!

Too bad you didn't do the same with your brats.

--
Best
Greg

Old June 12th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 08:06:14 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net wrote:

wrote:

The Mclaren was used and abused
over all terrain and passed on intact to someone else!

Too bad you didn't do the same with your brats.

Aaaah, the caring society! Are you available for child minding Greg?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old June 13th, 2005, 02:41 AM
Gregory Morrow

wrote:

The Mclaren was used and abused
over all terrain and passed on intact to someone else!

Too bad you didn't do the same with your brats.

Aaaah, the caring society! Are you available for child minding Greg?

Lol...IMNSHO DFM all the brats should be shunted off to boarding schools -
"out of sight, out of mind" and all that jazz...

--
Best
Greg

Old June 13th, 2005, 02:48 AM
Gregory Morrow

wrote:

The Mclaren was used and abused
over all terrain and passed on intact to someone else!

Too bad you didn't do the same with your brats.

Aaaah, the caring society! Are you available for child minding Greg?

As a child minder I'd probably skew more towards the Moors Murderers than
towards the Old Lady Who Lived In A Shoe...

--
Best
Greg