St. Maarten's -- What to do?

Old December 23rd, 2006, 02:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Default St. Maarten's -- What to do?

VAVa Voom...TOPLESS!
"Tom K" wrote in message
The best way to describe it....

Imagine a cruise ship private island with 50 people instead of 3000
people. Imaging beautiful scenery, with islands in the distance. White
sand beaches. Calm, clear, warm water. A short boat ride to the island.
Then add topless.

"USguy" wrote in message
What does Pinel Island have to offer?

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 07:58:41 -0500, "Tom K"
wrote:

Pinel Island.

"USguy" wrote in message
I've been on a bunch of cruises in the past, but never has the
opportunity to visit St. Maarten's.

So I'm going next week. Anyone have any tips or ideas?

Old December 23rd, 2006, 06:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker

USguy,

My wife Deborah and I have been to St. Maarten twice. Both times it was an
enjoyable visit, with my wife wanted to emphasize the French side of the
island. All in all, you did receive some very good and hopefully beneficial
suggestions from others on this newsgroup. Therefore, there was no point in
me adding my 2-cents to this post at the time.

However, now that you're supposedly back, what do your think? What did you
do? Was any of the advice and suggestions given helpful?

Incidentally, for a little background information, the Caribbean Island is
ruled by two principalities; one French the other Dutch. While the Dutch
initiated tourism in 1958, the French did not initiate tourism until 1985.

Happy sailing,
John Sisker, SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll free at (800) 724-6644 & (pagoo ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Old December 24th, 2006, 02:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"John Sisker" wrote in message
ink.net...
USguy,

My wife Deborah and I have been to St. Maarten twice. Both times it was an
enjoyable visit, with my wife wanted to emphasize the French side of the
island. All in all, you did receive some very good and hopefully
beneficial suggestions from others on this newsgroup. Therefore, there was
no point in me adding my 2-cents to this post at the time.

Then why did you reply? Of course... to advertise your agency name.

Old December 24th, 2006, 10:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

ST MAARTEN'S is really nice you will enjoy it ,the beach is a good place
to sit and have a drink,be it a soft drink or something stronger.They
have done a wonderful job fixing the place up

cruise lover

Old January 11th, 2007, 01:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
USguy

Hi John. Thanks for asking. We struggled with the whole idea of a
beach and decided that it wasn't the way to go until my son can
appreciate adult nudity. At his tender age it would be just "gross"
to him.

What we did do was a mix of fun and frustration but I'll focus on the
fun. My wife ended up bailing out on me and my son for the day so she
could go back to the boat and enjoy a massage. Me and the boy hung
out in the shopping area right off the boat. We bought a bunch of
stuff including absinthe (which it turns out has none of the effects
from the Van Gogh period) and hawaiian shirts. Being a guy I bought
them without trying them on but after looking at the sizes. I got
back on the boat and put them on only to discover that they were WAY
too small. Lesson learned.

Probably the best thing was the time I spent with my son at a little
chinese restaurant that was frequented by locals. He thought it was
pretty cool to spend time with Dad in a cheesy little carribean eatery
where he could get chicken (curry) on a stick and dried plantain
chips.

Old January 20th, 2007, 06:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker

USguy,

Now that you're back, how was it? What did you do in reference to all the
suggestions that responded to your original post? If you're anything like
me, you may take a lot of pictures, which personally I would like to see.
Likewise, for what it is worth, here are some pictures from our last cruise
aboard the Disney Magic, with St. Maarten as one of the Ports of Call. Be
sure to check our panoramic view as well.

St. Maarten:
http://www.ourfamilyalbums.photosite...ise/Chapter13/

Happy future sailing,