Report on Trip to Spain

Old December 28th, 2003, 07:27 PM
tc

Default Report on Trip to Spain

I returned on November 3, 2004 from 10 days driving around Spain and was very
favorably impressed by what I saw. It was my first trip to Spain and I was
pleasantly surprised to find it much more modern and attractive than I expected.
I was even more impressed to find how much more economical Spain was compared
to Italy. Of course, Spain is not as attractive as Bella Italia, but the
cuisine was at least as good. The Spanish cured ham is virtually identical to
Italian prosciutto except that they cut it like Canadian bacon rather than the
Italian tissue paper cuts. Driving in Spain was no problem whatsoever and the
gasoline is also cheaper than Italy. Hotels were excellent and very reasonably
priced. The historic sights were generally impressivel. I highly recommend the
seeing the Mesquita in Cordoba which contains a forest of Moorish columns and
arches, the medieval walled city of Avilia, and the Roman Aqueduct and Alcazar
in Segovia in addition to Madrid and Granada.

I would enjoy hearing from other people about traveling in Spain. Please feel
free to reply to:

Tony
Old December 29th, 2003, 12:41 AM
st

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 18:27:15 GMT, tc wrote:

[...]

The cuisine was at least as good?? Which Spain did you go to?

Old December 29th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Reid

Following up to st

The cuisine was at least as good?? Which Spain did you go to?

I wouldn't say Spain is better than Italy, but it is comparable.
Spain has the advantage of being much cheaper, so you can afford
the best.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso