St. Maarten's -- What to do?

Old December 20th, 2006, 05:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
USguy

Default St. Maarten's -- What to do?

I've been on a bunch of cruises in the past, but never has the
opportunity to visit St. Maarten's.

So I'm going next week. Anyone have any tips or ideas?
Old December 20th, 2006, 05:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Uncle Peter

"USguy" wrote in message
I've been on a bunch of cruises in the past, but never has the
opportunity to visit St. Maarten's.

So I'm going next week. Anyone have any tips or ideas?

What do you like to do? Beach days? Diving? Shopping? Tours?

The island has nice beaches, and a Dutch and French side. Tell us
what you like doing, and you'll get plenty of suggestions. Also,
your cruise info should have included information on all of the
escorted tours that can be booked through the cruise line (albiet
$$$$).

Pete

Old December 20th, 2006, 05:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jim

"USguy" wrote in message
I've been on a bunch of cruises in the past, but never has the
opportunity to visit St. Maarten's.

So I'm going next week. Anyone have any tips or ideas?

Quite a bit to do there. You have plenty of shopping there on both the Dutch
and French sides. You can visit the main cities on both side to see the
difference between them. They have some wonderful beaches as well. The Dutch
side is more 'family' orientated with the French side just being French and
topless or nude beaches. You can also do the parachute rides at Orient beach
on the French side. You can even rent a car and just drive around the island
sightseeing. The ship will also have a number of tours that you can take.
Enjoy.
Jim

Old December 21st, 2006, 12:23 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

USguy wrote:
I've been on a bunch of cruises in the past, but never has the
opportunity to visit St. Maarten's.

So I'm going next week. Anyone have any tips or ideas?

Here's a famous spot in some circles, and a must-visit for
me if I ever go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldIEzBMI6qA

Old December 21st, 2006, 04:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter

Joseph Coulter wrote:
wrote:
USguy wrote:
I've been on a bunch of cruises in the past, but never has the
opportunity to visit St. Maarten's.

So I'm going next week. Anyone have any tips or ideas?

Here's a famous spot in some circles, and a must-visit for
me if I ever go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldIEzBMI6qA

Simpson beach and the planes really look closer than that. Honest.

UHH would you believe maho beach?
Old December 21st, 2006, 01:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Pinel Island.

Old December 21st, 2006, 03:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

If you really want to see smething different, get in a cab go to the
"girlfriends".

In the middle of this beautiful island is a brothel where girls from all
over the world work. I had been to St Maarten many times before a
resident took my wife and I for a drive there.

This is a 1/2 Dutch island and just like Curacao and Aruba brothels are
legal.

Gadget