From India to Brazil

Old April 10th, 2008, 08:17 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Ricardo[_2_]

Default From India to Brazil

Hi,

I've been living in India for a year now and I'm planning a trip back
to Brazil, my home country. My wish is to find a good balance between
cheap prices and 1 or 2 worthwhile stopovers (i have only 10 days
available).

So far, the only feasible option I found is to take an Emirates flight
with a stopover in Dubai. The price for a one-way ticket is around US
$ 900. I tried through the pacific and there are cheap flights until
Australia or New Zealand (For example, Tiger Airways or Jetstar Asia)
but I cannot find any decent flight cheaper than US$ 2000 (one way)
from there to the west coast of South America.

On despegar.com there is a flight for less than US$ 900 from Sydney to
Santiago (Chile) but it goes first all the way up to Canada (it's an
Air Canada flight) and, apart from a really longer trip, I would need
a transit visa for that.

The classical option is to go through Europe but I've done that
already a couple of times. Through South Africa is also very
expensive.

Any other ideas? Do you know any other cheap airlines other than those
that I've mentioned here?

Thanks,
Ricardo
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:02 PM posted to rec.travel.air
z0ned0ut[_2_]

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 00:17:02 -0700 (PDT) 'Ricardo'
wrote this on rec.travel.air:

Hi,

I've been living in India for a year now and I'm planning a trip back
to Brazil, my home country. My wish is to find a good balance between
cheap prices and 1 or 2 worthwhile stopovers (i have only 10 days
available).

So far, the only feasible option I found is to take an Emirates flight
with a stopover in Dubai.

Dubai is a nice place to visit, but is not cheap.

Old April 10th, 2008, 06:28 PM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black

7.0.0.1...

wrote this on rec.travel.air:

Hi,

I've been living in India for a year now and I'm planning a trip back
to Brazil, my home country. My wish is to find a good balance between
cheap prices and 1 or 2 worthwhile stopovers (i have only 10 days
available).

So far, the only feasible option I found is to take an Emirates flight
with a stopover in Dubai.

Dubai is a nice place to visit, but is not cheap.

And the India/Dubai flights are invariably packed, the food is dreadful and
you get a security check 'airside' when you arrive.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old April 11th, 2008, 07:14 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

wrote this on rec.travel.air:

Hi,

I've been living in India for a year now and I'm planning a trip back
to Brazil, my home country. My wish is to find a good balance between
cheap prices and 1 or 2 worthwhile stopovers (i have only 10 days
available).

So far, the only feasible option I found is to take an Emirates flight
with a stopover in Dubai.

Dubai is a nice place to visit, but is not cheap.

It is if you buy a lot of gas.
Old April 11th, 2008, 01:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Apr 10, 6:28 pm, "William Black"
wrote:

7.0.0.1...

wrote this on rec.travel.air:

Hi,

I've been living in India for a year now and I'm planning a trip back
to Brazil, my home country. My wish is to find a good balance between
cheap prices and 1 or 2 worthwhile stopovers (i have only 10 days
available).

So far, the only feasible option I found is to take an Emirates flight
with a stopover in Dubai.

Dubai is a nice place to visit, but is not cheap.

And the India/Dubai flights are invariably packed, the food is dreadful and
you get a security check 'airside' when you arrive.

--

Not my experience!

I've flown Hyderabad - Dubai on Emirates a couple of times, and
everything was fine. The security check at Dubai is standard for all
incoming passengers (before entering the transit area) and it makes no
difference whether you are arriving from London or from India: it is
no big deal.
Old April 11th, 2008, 05:18 PM posted to rec.travel.air
z0ned0ut[_2_]

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 05:31:23 -0700 (PDT) '
wrote this on rec.travel.air:

On Apr 10, 6:28 pm, "William Black"
wrote:

7.0.0.1...

wrote this on rec.travel.air:

[...]

IME Emirates is a popular airline for passengers travelling to/from
India/UK because of its extensive route network within India.
Obviously many of those flights involve a connection in Dubai.