Has Anyone Visited Kenya?

Old September 29th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Josh

Default Has Anyone Visited Kenya?

I may be traveling to Kenya in a few months to aid in an environmental
restoration project. If anyone has lived or traveled there I would
appreciate any feedback regarding the people, customs, or any other
relevant information. Thanks.

Old September 30th, 2005, 02:09 AM
riverman

This is a very wide open question, Josh. You need to either:

a) buy a Lonely Planet guide or other travel publication and do some
reading. Kenya is a major tourist destination, and there is a lot out
there about the people, customs and other relevant information.

b) read any of about a million back threads on this group about travels
in Kenya

or c) get a lot more specific about where you are going to be, and what
you want to know.

Saying "I would appreciate any feedback regarding the people, customs,
or any other relevant information" is a lot like saying "can anyone
tell me anything about Central Canada?"

--riverman

Old September 30th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Tashi

google kenya customs, people etc.. you can do this on your own.

--
How funky are your chickens!
LIFE IS AN ATTITUDE!
ups.com...

Old October 3rd, 2005, 12:57 PM
joseking

hallo my name is Jose King and i was born and still live in Kenya. Im
happy to learn that you are providing your services here in Kenya.
There is a lot to learn about Kenya and personally been a tour guide i
can offer my services to you. We are made up of 32 million pple from 42
different tribes but the most famous ones are the Maasai in the know
worldly in the tourism industry. and the Kikuyu which is the largest
tribe. Many of the kenyans are christian but a good percentage of
muslims can be found at the coast. we have two main languages Kiswahili
and English. the temperatures are usually 25-27 degrees but at the
coast it can go upto 31.Been in the industry i have the information
that you need but it would be better if you specify the specific places
since a region may be different from another. there is still a lot to
learn about Kenya. But generally we say kenya hakuna matata meaning
there is no problem in Kenya. I hope this information may be of use to
you i will still kindly give you more if you want.

Old October 4th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Hans-Georg Michna

On 29 Sep 2005 15:18:16 -0700, "Josh"
wrote:

I may be traveling to Kenya in a few months to aid in an environmental
restoration project. If anyone has lived or traveled there I would
appreciate any feedback regarding the people, customs, or any other
relevant information. Thanks.

Josh,

are you still here reading replies? Haven't seen anything from
you since your first question.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.