Sir Bobby relives 1958 crash horror

Old October 27th, 2007, 12:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.air
Witherspoon Featherstone III

Default Sir Bobby relives 1958 crash horror

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20...6323e80_1.html

Sir Bobby said the design of the plane saved his life.

"I have realised why it was - it was because the design of the
aircraft at that particular time was that half the seats were facing
forward and half of them backwards. All the ones that had their back
to the front of the aeroplane were the ones that survived," he said.

Old November 4th, 2007, 07:34 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_3_]

Witherspoon Featherstone III wrote:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20...6323e80_1.html

Sir Bobby said the design of the plane saved his life.

"I have realised why it was - it was because the design of the
aircraft at that particular time was that half the seats were facing
forward and half of them backwards. All the ones that had their back
to the front of the aeroplane were the ones that survived," he said.

Great. Other than a 70 year old's recollection of an event that happened
50 years ago, do you have any other evidence on the direction the
surviviors versus the fatalites were sitting?

It's not I don't agree that sitting backwards is safer with a frontal
impact, but whether the statement that all of the backwards facing
passengers survived or anything other than the statements of this one
person. There really is a bit too little factual information in this
article.

What does this have to do with uk.politics.misc?
Old November 4th, 2007, 09:40 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.air
Mel Rowing

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20...y-relives-1958...

Sir Bobby said the design of the plane saved his life.

"I have realised why it was - it was because the design of the
aircraft at that particular time was that half the seats were facing
forward and half of them backwards. All the ones that had their back
to the front of the aeroplane were the ones that survived," he said.

Great. Other than a 70 year old's recollection of an event that happened
50 years ago, do you have any other evidence on the direction the
surviviors versus the fatalites were sitting?

It's not I don't agree that sitting backwards is safer with a frontal
impact, but whether the statement that all of the backwards facing
passengers survived or anything other than the statements of this one
person. There really is a bit too little factual information in this
article.

T'is fact! Think about it.

Collision injuries sustained during a transport collision accident
often takes the form of inertial injuries. An unrestrained body will
be thrown forward violently coming into contact with fixed objects.
Seat belts help but do not restrain the whole body. We have all heard
of whiplash injuries. A severe whiplash breaks the neck and is almost
invariably fatal. Even the intestines and stomach are wrenched forward
towards the soft underside of the body.

If on the other hand the subject sits facing away from the direction
of travel then the same inertial force pushes the whole of the body
back into the seat where the head in particular is supported. The
internal organs are pushed towards the pelvic region where support is
better.

What does this have to do with uk.politics.misc?

Could it not come under the "misc" bit?

We do after all have to endure loads of crap regarding zionism,
holocaust denial, 9/11 conspiracy theories and the likes without
anybody asking the same question.,

Old November 4th, 2007, 05:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_3_]

Mel Rowing wrote:

[...]

I know that it is safer to travel with the seat facing the rear.
My comments were related to the comments that seem to indicate only the
people facing the rear survived and none of the forward facing ones did.
Old November 4th, 2007, 05:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.air
Theydon Bois

On 4 Nov, 18:13, mrtravel wrote:
Mel Rowing wrote:
[...]

.....thats because its safer.....are you Amerikan ???

Old November 4th, 2007, 05:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_3_]

Theydon Bois wrote:

On 4 Nov, 18:13, mrtravel wrote:

Mel Rowing wrote:

[...]

Are you stupid?

I was questioning the facts of the incident, not whether it was safe to
face backwards.
Old November 4th, 2007, 06:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.air
Justin Case[_3_]

Theydon Bois wrote in
ups.com:

....thats because its safer.....are you Amerikan ???

Have you actually read this tread?

Old November 4th, 2007, 07:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.air
Maida Vale

--

are u oirish ??