Worst International Airports, Supposed Survey of 2500 Travelers

Old November 4th, 2007, 07:56 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_3_]

Default Worst International Airports, Supposed Survey of 2500 Travelers

Robert Cohen wrote:
these are certainly are not necessarily all bad in my dorky opinion,
because i say "frankfurt" where my wedding band was lifted while going
through their numerous screenings and that what makes it a cruddy
airport to me

i shouldn't have ever taken it off, but damneit it's metal too like a
belt buckle or coin et cetera

if anybody else has had their ring (or maybe a watch) stolen in the
screening process, please let me know where

Were you instructed to remove it?
Old November 4th, 2007, 11:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air
A Mate

I've been through Atlanta International (Hatsfield) twice in the last 2
months. It's quite bearable; way more efficient than Heathrow.

oups.com...

Old November 4th, 2007, 10:26 PM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message mrtravel
wrote:

Robert Cohen wrote:
these are certainly are not necessarily all bad in my dorky opinion,
because i say "frankfurt" where my wedding band was lifted while going
through their numerous screenings and that what makes it a cruddy
airport to me

i shouldn't have ever taken it off, but damneit it's metal too like a
belt buckle or coin et cetera

if anybody else has had their ring (or maybe a watch) stolen in the
screening process, please let me know where

Were you instructed to remove it?

I've been asked to remove my ring on a few occasions (only after it set
of the alarm though, mind you)

I've also declined that request -- It's only ~$60 (not a wedding ring),
but it's sentimental value is substantial.

Better yet, toss the ring into a compartment in the bottom of your bag,
don't leave it loose with your coins -- You're more likely to notice
someone walking off with your bag.

If you do need any form of additional screening you are more then
welcome to ask that your property remain within eyesight, I've gotten
the full cop-a-feel treatment once, and wanded several times, it was
never a problem to have my stuff pulled off to the side rather then left
on the belt after scanning, when I've remembered to ask.

--
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.
Old November 4th, 2007, 11:43 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Sancho Panza[_1_]

"John Kulp" wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 16:56:24 -0700 (PDT), (VS)
wrote:

In article ,
Sancho Panza wrote:

http://www.gadling.com/2007/11/02/worst-airports/

They've never been to Lagos then

Or Mexico City, Panama City or Guatemala City.

Haven't been to GUA, but what's wrong with Mexico City or Panama City?
Both are perfectly functional airports, which is certainly more than
one can say about ********s like Heathrow and Gatwick.

Yup and I didn't find GUA that bad either. Panama's is brand spanking
new, one of the better airports I've been to.

Maybe it's mostly COPA that is screwed up. But both Mexico and PTY seem far
from functional, despite their apparent newness.

Old November 5th, 2007, 03:01 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Tchiowa

On Nov 4, 3:43 am, (John Kulp) wrote:
On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 13:25:27 -0700, Robert Cohen
wrote:

On Nov 3, 4:23 pm, Robert Cohen wrote:
these are certainly are not necessarily all bad in my dorky opinion,
because i say "frankfurt" where my wedding band was lifted while going
through their numerous screenings and that what makes it a cruddy
airport to me

i shouldn't have ever taken it off, but damneit it's metal too like a
belt buckle or coin et cetera

if anybody else has had their ring (or maybe a watch) stolen in the
screening process, please let me know where

oops, here's the link

http://www.gadling.com/2007/11/02/worst-airports/

They've never been to Lagos then

Yes, the list is interesting that way. It's more of a "what is the
worst 10 out of the top 20 airports that only people who fly twice a
decade have been to" list.

Lagos is bad. Luanda is worse. Cotonou somewhat better but in the same
mode. Karachi more so. Kathmandu isn't as bad but needs help. Port
Moresby.

HCMC, Jakarta, Dhaka, are better than that group but worse than the
alleged 10 worst from the list.