Lufthansa no longer shows flexible dates for airfares?

Old July 30th, 2007, 06:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

Default Lufthansa no longer shows flexible dates for airfares?

I've been using Lufthansa quite a lot recently, and one of the reasons
was that I could indicate that my dates were flexible and they would
show me the prices on a grid of 7 days, including up to 3 days before
and 3 days after the date requested. This made it easy to find the
best fare.

Just now I checked for a good fare to the US, and although it still
allowed me to check the box indicating that my dates were flexible, it
only showed me the fare for the exact date requested. Is this just the
latest attempt to pull the wool over our eyes?

I'm sick of having to do 10 searches to get the best fare on any
single site. I know that Zuji in Singapore allows flexible dates, but
their cheapest fares are always a lot higher than what I can find on
any other site.

Does anyone have a better idea? I would like a site that not only
shows fares on a range of dates, but also from nearby airports. I
know of a number of sites, including travelocity, that show a range of
dates, but only for flights within the US.
--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old July 30th, 2007, 07:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerald Oliver Swift

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:14:00 +0200, B Vaughan wrote:

I've been using Lufthansa quite a lot recently, and one of the reasons
was that I could indicate that my dates were flexible and they would
show me the prices on a grid of 7 days, including up to 3 days before
and 3 days after the date requested. This made it easy to find the
best fare.

Lufthansa still do +/-3days either side on their site.

Gerry
Old July 30th, 2007, 08:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:28:03 +0100, Gerald Oliver Swift
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:14:00 +0200, B Vaughan wrote:

I've been using Lufthansa quite a lot recently, and one of the reasons
was that I could indicate that my dates were flexible and they would
show me the prices on a grid of 7 days, including up to 3 days before
and 3 days after the date requested. This made it easy to find the
best fare.

Lufthansa still do +/-3days either side on their site.

Not when I tried today. Did you try a flight to the US?

Old July 31st, 2007, 04:06 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Yves Bellefeuille

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, B Vaughan wrote:

Does anyone have a better idea? I would like a site that not only
shows fares on a range of dates, but also from nearby airports.

Have you tried http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/ ? There's an
option to choose "any airport within ____ miles".

(For the benefit of readers in countries that have enough sense not
to use miles, 1 mile = 1.6 km.)

--
Yves Bellefeuille

Old July 31st, 2007, 05:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerald Oliver Swift

wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:14:00 +0200, B Vaughan wrote:

I've been using Lufthansa quite a lot recently, and one of the reasons
was that I could indicate that my dates were flexible and they would
show me the prices on a grid of 7 days, including up to 3 days before
and 3 days after the date requested. This made it easy to find the
best fare.

Lufthansa still do +/-3days either side on their site.

Not when I tried today. Did you try a flight to the US?

As a matter of fact, yes, I tried FRA-JFK.

On their site, are you using these buttons?
* Search by price +/- 3 days
* Search for specified travel dates

Gerry

Old July 31st, 2007, 10:14 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom Peel

wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:14:00 +0200, B Vaughan wrote:

I've been using Lufthansa quite a lot recently, and one of the reasons
was that I could indicate that my dates were flexible and they would
show me the prices on a grid of 7 days, including up to 3 days before
and 3 days after the date requested. This made it easy to find the
best fare.

Lufthansa still do +/-3days either side on their site.

Not when I tried today. Did you try a flight to the US?

Just tried DUS-SFO, shows +/- 3 days fine. Exactly which Lufthansa
site/language combo are you using?

T.
Old July 31st, 2007, 12:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:14:00 +0200, B Vaughan wrote:

I've been using Lufthansa quite a lot recently, and one of the reasons
was that I could indicate that my dates were flexible and they would
show me the prices on a grid of 7 days, including up to 3 days before
and 3 days after the date requested. This made it easy to find the
best fare.

Lufthansa still do +/-3days either side on their site.

Not when I tried today. Did you try a flight to the US?

As a matter of fact, yes, I tried FRA-JFK.

On their site, are you using these buttons?
* Search by price +/- 3 days

Yes, that one. I checked several times to make sure it was checked. I
use the site a lot, and never had this happen before.

It's still not working for me today. Another odd thing I've noticed
for some time with the site: if I want to change something in the
itinerary, I have to exit the site and re-enter. Otherwise, it always
reverts to the original itinerary I requested.

Maybe I need to get rid of some cookies.

* Search for specified travel dates

No.
Old July 31st, 2007, 12:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

wrote:

Lufthansa still do +/-3days either side on their site.

Not when I tried today. Did you try a flight to the US?

Just tried DUS-SFO, shows +/- 3 days fine. Exactly which Lufthansa
site/language combo are you using?

I tried the Italian site first, then the German site.
Old July 31st, 2007, 12:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom Peel

wrote:

Lufthansa still do +/-3days either side on their site.

Not when I tried today. Did you try a flight to the US?

Just tried DUS-SFO, shows +/- 3 days fine. Exactly which Lufthansa
site/language combo are you using?

I tried the Italian site first, then the German site.

I can't reproduce your problem. It switches to
http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/ regardless, and I get the +/- 3
day choice

T.
Old July 31st, 2007, 12:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:14:00 +0200, B wrote:

I've been using Lufthansa quite a lot recently, and one of the reasons
was that I could indicate that my dates were flexible and they would
show me the prices on a grid of 7 days, including up to 3 days before
and 3 days after the date requested. This made it easy to find the
best fare.

Just now I checked for a good fare to the US, and although it still
allowed me to check the box indicating that my dates were flexible, it
only showed me the fare for the exact date requested. Is this just the
latest attempt to pull the wool over our eyes?

I'm beginning to understand the problem. If I request an itinerary
that doesn't involve an internal domestic flight in the US, I get the
grid I always got. However, my final destination is Indianapolis. As
soon as I enter IND as the final destination, it no longer shows me
flights before or after the requested date. Until very recently, it
did. Maybe the US partner of Lufthansa doesn't want to make it easier
for consumers to find cheaper fares.