Niagara Smoke Stack?

Old December 12th, 2007, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Gareth Slee

Default Niagara Smoke Stack?

Is that a smoke stack I see in the distance on this Niagara webcam?

http://www.fallsview.com/Stream/StarDotTechCamRefresh.shtml

--
Am I the only Gareth Slee?
http://garethslee.blogspot.com/
Old December 12th, 2007, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Dec 12, 1:18 pm, (Gareth Slee) wrote:
Is that a smoke stack I see in the distance on this Niagara webcam?

http://www.fallsview.com/Stream/StarDotTechCamRefresh.shtml

--
Am I the only Gareth Slee?http://garethslee.blogspot.com/

You mean upper right hand corner? Not surprising as an electicity
generation station.
Old December 12th, 2007, 11:35 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave Smith[_3_]

PeterL wrote:

On Dec 12, 1:18 pm, (Gareth Slee) wrote:
Is that a smoke stack I see in the distance on this Niagara webcam?

http://www.fallsview.com/Stream/StarDotTechCamRefresh.shtml

--
Am I the only Gareth Slee?http://garethslee.blogspot.com/

You mean upper right hand corner? Not surprising as an electicity
generation station.

I doubt it. There are huge hydroelectric generating stations on both sides
of the border. There are some industrial areas upriver on the american side
of the Niagara River.
Old December 13th, 2007, 11:06 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
A Mate[_2_]

Very Possible!! Niagara Falls - the US city is a veritable sink-hole. While
the Niagara Falls NY State Park is splendid, far superior to the Canadian
equivalent - Niagara Falls - the US City is a real sink-hole. Literally
stinking industrial areas, and decaying urban cityscape.

Pity!!

. ..

Old December 13th, 2007, 03:15 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Smiles

Dave Smith wrote:

PeterL wrote:
On Dec 12, 1:18 pm, (Gareth Slee) wrote:
Is that a smoke stack I see in the distance on this Niagara webcam?

http://www.fallsview.com/Stream/StarDotTechCamRefresh.shtml

--
Am I the only Gareth Slee?http://garethslee.blogspot.com/

You mean upper right hand corner? Not surprising as an electicity
generation station.

I doubt it. There are huge hydroelectric generating stations on both sides
of the border. There are some industrial areas upriver on the american side
of the Niagara River.

US side has a lot of industrial steel and chemical most closed now
Old December 13th, 2007, 09:27 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Keith Willshaw[_2_]

"Smiles" wrote in message
Dave Smith wrote:

PeterL wrote:
On Dec 12, 1:18 pm, (Gareth Slee) wrote:
Is that a smoke stack I see in the distance on this Niagara webcam?

http://www.fallsview.com/Stream/StarDotTechCamRefresh.shtml

--
Am I the only Gareth Slee?http://garethslee.blogspot.com/
You mean upper right hand corner? Not surprising as an electicity
generation station.

I doubt it. There are huge hydroelectric generating stations on both
sides
of the border. There are some industrial areas upriver on the american
side
of the Niagara River.

US side has a lot of industrial steel and chemical most closed now

There are also several large cement plants in the area which typically
have large smoke stacks

Keith