Canadian flag on the backback myth

Old June 1st, 2004, 09:22 AM
nick

Default Canadian flag on the backback myth

"Xomicron" wrote in messag

I was just wondering, is it really true that most Canadian's believe the
myth that people in the rest of the world will treat them better if they
know they are Canadian.

Don't Americans pretend to be Canadians while travelling to avoid being spat
at and abused?

Old June 1st, 2004, 10:38 AM
Ack

Alan Pollock wrote:

In rec.travel.usa-canada devil wrote:

But no, Canadians typically don't approve of torturing prisoners.

I don't think any country that's been to war is completely guilt-free.

In Bosnia there were local accusations of beatings, rape and the sexual abuse
of a handicapped teenage girl by Canadian Peacekeepers. In Somalia a boy was
tortured and killed by Canadian Peacekeepers.

And so on. There are accounts of peacekeepers of other nationalities behaving
criminally as well (Italians, Pakistanis). All this from a couple of
google-minutes. What more would I have found in Ten minutes instead of Three?
Nex

The difference is this time the orders are coming from the top. It's
not just a few rogue soldiers, it's government policy.
Old June 1st, 2004, 10:44 AM
Ack

Stephen Green wrote:

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"Alan Pollock" schreef in bericht

In rec.travel.usa-canada devil wrote:

But no, Canadians typically don't approve of torturing prisoners.

I don't think any country that's been to war is completely guilt-free.

In Bosnia there were local accusations of beatings, rape and the sexual

abuse

of a handicapped teenage girl by Canadian Peacekeepers. In Somalia a boy

was

tortured and killed by Canadian Peacekeepers.

And so on. There are accounts of peacekeepers of other nationalities

behaving

criminally as well (Italians, Pakistanis). All this from a couple of
google-minutes. What more would I have found in Ten minutes instead of

Three?

The difference is that in the case of the Iraq torture scandal it seems to
have been official US government policy to torture the prisoners.

Sjoerd

======================================

... and your point is what exactly?

Military doctrine holds true across armies of the world in order to extract
intallegence from POWs. Won't change!

Quite frankly if I thought that a POW had certain knowledge that would
either give me an advantage or save my troops lives .. Well I would use what
ever measures necessary!

Then ignore the americans squealing like pigs when the same treatment is
doled out to their boys
Old June 1st, 2004, 10:57 AM
Un Patriote

Le Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:22:22 +0100, "nick"
a écrit :

"Xomicron" wrote in messag

I was just wondering, is it really true that most Canadian's believe the
myth that people in the rest of the world will treat them better if they
know they are Canadian.

Don't Americans pretend to be Canadians while travelling to avoid being spat
at and abused?

Only WASP Americans...

Old June 1st, 2004, 11:03 AM
Ack

nick wrote:

"Xomicron" wrote in messag

I was just wondering, is it really true that most Canadian's believe the
myth that people in the rest of the world will treat them better if they
know they are Canadian.

Don't Americans pretend to be Canadians while travelling to avoid being spat
at and abused?

The world loves Canadians.
Old June 1st, 2004, 11:16 AM
America the beautiful

Ack wrote:

nick wrote:

"Xomicron" wrote in messag

I was just wondering, is it really true that most Canadian's believe the
myth that people in the rest of the world will treat them better if they
know they are Canadian.

Don't Americans pretend to be Canadians while travelling to avoid
being spat
at and abused?

The world loves Canadians.

What about Al Qaeda?

--
Chris F
Long Island, USA.

Prime Minister Helen Clark fights for Maori rights.
http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/...sbug/maori.jpg

Pizza Express Man and his pizza eating cat Gayrab.
http://www.geocities.com/libassbug/expressman.jpg

http://****france.com/
http://www.fark.com/

Old June 1st, 2004, 11:25 AM
Un Patriote

Le Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:16:11 GMT, America the beautiful
dom_Fries a écrit :

Ack wrote:

The world loves Canadians.

What about Al Qaeda?

The Italian Mafia, Mossad both have a particular and doubtful liking
for the canadian passport and not as a collector's item...

Old June 1st, 2004, 01:43 PM
gman99

FOAD troll....
Old June 1st, 2004, 02:20 PM
Jason Campbell

dom_Fries a écrit :

Ack wrote:

The world loves Canadians.

What about Al Qaeda?

The Italian Mafia, Mossad both have a particular and doubtful liking
for the canadian passport and not as a collector's item...

Well, maybe if our ****ed up liberal feds would stop letting so many
passports get stolen it wouldn't be a problem.

Old June 1st, 2004, 02:39 PM
devil

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 04:27:53 +0000, Anonymouse wrote:

they think it's a pot leaf

Only in the US.

BTW I have seen some versions *with* a pot leaf around here. It would
suit the West so much better.

:-)

devil wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 02:17:22 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

Xomicron writes:

Is this some kind of Canadian folk legend and if so is it true that
most people believe it.

It's wishful thinking.

Most people in the world wouldn't even recognize a Canadian flag, much
less accord its wearer any special kindnesses.

I suspect many people do recognize the Canadian flag. After all it's
quite distinctive.