AA: Free RT with 3 RT's

Old February 26th, 2004, 04:57 PM
end user too

Default AA: Free RT with 3 RT's

AA is getting desperate, trying to beat Southwest at their own game.

Fly. Fly. Fly. Free.*
Turn your business travel into something really special. Fly three
qualifying** round trips on American(R), American Eagle(R) or
AmericanConnection(R) between now and June 15, 2004 and we'll give you a
free* round-trip award ticket for economy class travel anywhere we fly
within the continental U.S. That's over 80 cities to choose from, such as:
Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San
Francisco or Washington D.C. And, if you fly another three round trips
during this time frame, you can get a second free* award ticket!
To qualify for this special offer, be sure to register prior to travel and
no later than April 15, 2004. Just register online at
http://info.aa.com/Key=

Old February 26th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"end user too" wrote:

AA is getting desperate, trying to beat Southwest at their own game.

Most of the other majors are doing it. Als, the conditions are very
restrictive.

Old February 27th, 2004, 01:02 AM
mtravelkay

end user too wrote:

AA is getting desperate, trying to beat Southwest at their own game.

LOL... I posted this about AA on Feb 20..
And it matches offers I saw on UA and CO right before it

Old February 27th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Jim Davis Sr.

Default Free RT with 3 RT's

"end user too" wrote in message
AA is getting desperate, trying to beat Southwest at their own game.

Fly. Fly. Fly. Free.*
Turn your business travel into something really special. Fly three
qualifying** round trips on American(R), American Eagle(R) or
AmericanConnection(R) between now and June 15, 2004 and we'll give you a
free* round-trip award ticket for economy class travel anywhere we fly
within the continental U.S. That's over 80 cities to choose from, such as:
Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San
Francisco or Washington D.C. And, if you fly another three round trips
during this time frame, you can get a second free* award ticket!
To qualify for this special offer, be sure to register prior to travel and
no later than April 15, 2004. Just register online at
http://info.aa.com/Key=

Just make sure you read all the fine print. Something may be hidden there.

Old February 27th, 2004, 01:29 AM
mtravelkay

Jim Davis Sr. wrote:

[...]

Well, award seats are limited.
and in qualifying.
FC, BC, and full fare tickets qualify if you stay over Saturday.
Discounted tickets do not count if you stay over Saturday.
Additionally, some discounted tickets don't qualify. (In my case, it was
generally the ones that didn't require a Sat stayover and were still
about the cheapest for the market)

For info http://www.aa.com/offers

Old February 27th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Blake S

"mtravelkay" wrote in message
m...

Jim Davis Sr. wrote:

[...]

How about all of those Alaska flights that I used my American FF number for?
Do those count?

Old February 27th, 2004, 02:07 AM
mtravelkay

Blake S wrote:

Turn your business travel into something really special. Fly three
qualifying** round trips on American(R), American Eagle(R) or
AmericanConnection(R)

How about all of those Alaska flights that I used my American FF number for?
Do those count?

Not unless they had AA flight numbers. See the section of the post above
your question.

Old February 27th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Jim Davis Sr.

"mtravelkay" wrote in message
m...

Well, award seats are limited.
and in qualifying.
FC, BC, and full fare tickets qualify if you stay over Saturday.
Discounted tickets do not count if you stay over Saturday.
Additionally, some discounted tickets don't qualify. (In my case, it was
generally the ones that didn't require a Sat stayover and were still
about the cheapest for the market)

For info http://www.aa.com/offers

That's what I meant by reading the fine print. I got crosseyed reading the
restrictions, exceptions, blackout dates etc. AA was never my favorite
anyway. Now check out Southwest. Fly your round trips anywhere, anytime,
peroid. Get your Free Ticket peroid. I've also cancelled, and re scheduled
on a Soutwest free ticket, and NO fees. I still say, if you don't mind the
system, SW is the way to go. I get at least a dozen SW freebies per year,
(Also use my SW Visa card for expenses, which helps add up the credits.) and
since the kids all live at least 1500 miles away, my wife & I visit them
often for free. The other Airlines have to start using SW's example on
things like this. Make it simple, & no fine print crap. Make it simple &
easy & people will follow.

Old February 27th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Jim Davis Sr.

"Blake S" wrote in message
hlink.net...

How about all of those Alaska flights that I used my American FF number

for?
Do those count?

I don't know 'bout you, Blake, but whenever I try to cash in on deals like
that, it seems that it just doesn't apply in my case, & I'm left standing
with my thumb up my butt, wondering where I am.

Old February 27th, 2004, 02:35 AM
mtravelkay

Jim Davis Sr. wrote:
Make it simple, & no fine print crap. Make it simple &
easy & people will follow.

The goal of the AA plan is not to be the same as the WN FF plan, it is
to attract higher fare ticket buyers. It should be noted that the fly 3
get 1 free deal is in addition to the other current deals such as up to
triple miles until March, and the fly 2 offers from Boston/NYC to/from
CA or FL. This gets people a FREE international ticket, something WN
doesn't offer. There are also big bonuses for travel across the Atlantic
or Pacific. I could easily fly from California to Western Europe for a
few hundred dollars and get a lot of miles (12000 flight miles X 4, and
1000 for booking online, plus 5000 if it is my first transatlantic since
October, 10000 if my second, 15K for third) plus earn 4.8 (4 for 10000
miles) domestic 500 mile upgrades. So, that is 54000 miles plus 4.8
upgrades. BTW, for 50K, you can get free tickets, or a business class
upgrade to Europe with an discounted econ class ticket purchase. So, put
it this way. For a few hundred dollars ($400)I can either fly to Europe
twice, OR fly business class both ways. Try that on WN.