Flights to Bangkok with stopover

Old February 23rd, 2005, 06:53 PM
elliot

Default Flights to Bangkok with stopover

Last summer we flew Aeroflot NY to Moscow and then on to Bangkok...and
this worked well the cost of one flight with 2 destinations...and
allowed us 10 days in Russia...

We have been searching for something comparable but not Russia again...
(Visa is a pain) any suggestions on flights out of NY to Bangkok with an
allowed stopover?

Old February 23rd, 2005, 08:33 PM
John Keiser

Some agents [here in Hawaii] were offering free stops in Japan. Might have
been an unofficial winter promotion. If you haven't been to Japan, Kyoto
and/or Tokyo would be a great destination. Also, China Air is often more
flexible than US carriers. NWA might accomdate you in Japan. But these
would likely be West Coast flights.

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

Old February 24th, 2005, 04:37 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

"elliot" wrote in message
Last summer we flew Aeroflot NY to Moscow and then on to Bangkok...and
this worked well the cost of one flight with 2 destinations...and
allowed us 10 days in Russia...

We have been searching for something comparable but not Russia again...
(Visa is a pain) any suggestions on flights out of NY to Bangkok with an
allowed stopover?

I haven't actually checked this out but I would have thought that any
airline with their headquarter in Europe/Middle East/Asia who also fly to
Bangkok would allow you to do this.
Try: BA (London), KLM (Amsterdam), Lufthansa (Frankfurt), Cathay (Hong
Kong), SIA (Singapore), etc, etc.

Gerrit - who always has a stopover between Europe and Australia

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Chris Blunt

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:37:25 +0800, "Gerrit 't Hart"
wrote:

"elliot" wrote in message
Last summer we flew Aeroflot NY to Moscow and then on to Bangkok...and
this worked well the cost of one flight with 2 destinations...and
allowed us 10 days in Russia...

We have been searching for something comparable but not Russia again...
(Visa is a pain) any suggestions on flights out of NY to Bangkok with an
allowed stopover?

I haven't actually checked this out but I would have thought that any
airline with their headquarter in Europe/Middle East/Asia who also fly to
Bangkok would allow you to do this.
Try: BA (London), KLM (Amsterdam), Lufthansa (Frankfurt), Cathay (Hong
Kong), SIA (Singapore), etc, etc.

That's right, and its often the case that the airlines that have to
take you furthest out of your way to make a connection have the lowest
fares to compensate for the inconvenience of the longer journey time.
So if you happen to want to stop over in whatever city they route your
through, then it works doubly to your advantage.

Chris

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:23 PM
RRH

What about Kuwait Airways from Chicago via Geneva and Kuwait to Bangkok?
Airline with most modern fleet, but no booze....

Richard

Old February 26th, 2005, 02:04 PM
elliot

All excellent suggestions...thank you.

As for Kuwait...We arent hard core drinking people but the idea of
visitng a "dry" country isnt something we would do.

and then if its religious it isnt something we would care to
see....although some of the Italian art in the churches would be
interesting.

Warm wather, nice beaches, outside restaurants, far away from the dollar
or Euro, places like Rio, Phuket, Dominican Republic, Koh Samui, St
Petersburg Ru. Old Eastern European cities...old old cities....

Singapore air offers some interesting alternatives.

I appreciate your input, Thank you.