Vancouver Island

Old September 26th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Carl White

Default Vancouver Island

Can anyone assist ? I am thinking of planning a holiday (sorry vacation) to
Vancouver Island in Sept 04. Initially looking at Comox. Has anyone been
there before / lived there / make any recomendations etc. etc. (not
interested in accomodation as I will be going on a house exchange).

Any info would be great

Thanks
Carl

Old September 27th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Geoff Glave

Can anyone assist ? I am thinking of planning a holiday (sorry vacation)
Vancouver Island in Sept 04. Initially looking at Comox. Has anyone been
there before / lived there / make any recomendations etc. etc. (not
interested in accomodation as I will be going on a house exchange).

Hi Carl,

Have a look at this web site:

http://www.aldersbeachresort.com/

click "Local Attractions". I would also suggest Hornby Island:

http://www.hornbyisland.com/

Cheers,
Geoff Glave
Vancouver, Canada

Old September 28th, 2003, 04:22 PM
KMZ

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:34:40 +0000 (UTC), "Carl White"
wrote:

The Comox/Courtney area is a great place. Very central.

What are you prime interests? Fishing? Hiking?
Antiques? The Comox Valley has all that and more.

Old September 30th, 2003, 09:51 PM
Jay S

I've been there...I'll be there this weekend.
IT really depends on what you think a holiday is.
If you like taking it easy, walking on the beach, fishing , hiking,
nature...the comox area could be fine for you.
Day trips to Denman Island and Hornby Island are also great for
exploring...especially if you ever wondered where all the hippies went.

Jay S