Atlanta Airport Passenger Pick-up Questions

Old November 2nd, 2009, 09:39 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gsanders59

Default Atlanta Airport Passenger Pick-up Questions

We are driving from Louisiana to Greenville, South Carolina for
Thanksgiving and have to pick up our daughter at the airport in
Atlanta (she is flying in there on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.)
I know it will be crowded. What is the best plan?
1. Should we ask her to get on Marta and meet us at a park-n-ride lot
somewhere? Where is the best station for this based on the way we
want to be headed north?
2. if we pick her up at the airport, how do I put the passenger pick-
=up location at the airport into my GPS?
3. Is one terminal easier than another to pick up from?
I would be grateful for any help on this -- or if there is somewhere
else I shold write or post this query, let me know!
Old November 2nd, 2009, 10:15 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Steve Cain

1. Should we ask her to get on Marta and meet us at a park-n-ride lot
somewhere? Where is the best station for this based on the way we
want to be headed north?
2. if we pick her up at the airport, how do I put the passenger pick-
=up location at the airport into my GPS?
3. Is one terminal easier than another to pick up from?
I would be grateful for any help on this -- or if there is somewhere
else I shold write or post this query, let me know!

Due north would likely be a North Springs Marta Station
http://www.itsmarta.com/rail-schedules-or-route.aspx

This is all time of day sensitive. Off hours an airport pickup makes sense,
and "ON" hours makes Marta look good as luggage can be more easily loaded
onto trains when you have first shot at the seats.
My son recently tried to go south bound/Fla from that position in a rental
car and had a nightmare. No knowledge of northbound strategies.
Good luck, s

Old November 4th, 2009, 06:11 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
MLD

"gsanders59" wrote in message
We are driving from Louisiana to Greenville, South Carolina for
Thanksgiving and have to pick up our daughter at the airport in
Atlanta (she is flying in there on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.)
I know it will be crowded. What is the best plan?
1. Should we ask her to get on Marta and meet us at a park-n-ride lot
somewhere? Where is the best station for this based on the way we
want to be headed north?
2. if we pick her up at the airport, how do I put the passenger pick-
=up location at the airport into my GPS?
3. Is one terminal easier than another to pick up from?
I would be grateful for any help on this -- or if there is somewhere
else I shold write or post this query, let me know!

One way of getting your GPS to get you to exactly where you want to be is to
go to Google Earth or a site similar to it. Locate the airport, terminal,
road etc in the satellite view; put the curser on the spot that you're
interested in and then get the coordinates of that location--Longitude and
latitude. You can enter these points in the GPS.
MLD