Trying to find Thai music piece

Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:41 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Romeo Raabe

Default Trying to find Thai music piece

On a very recent tour in Thailand, we heard a haunting flute or
recorder type of soft music at an outdoor restaurant that we liked
very much. Heard it again at the Chiang Rai night market on one of
the stages as played for a Thai mime's act. That is the best
description I can give, could not find the name of the piece while
there, was very haunting, someone indicated it might be a Bali type
music. I've searched Amazon where I copuld listen to snippets, but no
luck. Anyone maybe know of what I am trying to describe? I'd love to
get a CD of it.
Romeo Raabe in Green Bay, WI

Old October 22nd, 2007, 11:48 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Jan[_6_]

Romeo Raabe wrote:
On a very recent tour in Thailand, we heard a haunting flute or
recorder type of soft music at an outdoor restaurant that we liked
very much. Heard it again at the Chiang Rai night market on one of
the stages as played for a Thai mime's act. That is the best
description I can give, could not find the name of the piece while
there, was very haunting, someone indicated it might be a Bali type
music. I've searched Amazon where I copuld listen to snippets, but no
luck. Anyone maybe know of what I am trying to describe? I'd love to
get a CD of it.
Romeo Raabe in Green Bay, WI

You could also try posting at alt.music.lyrics. Yes, I know the piece has
none!! But I'm sure someone there will at least be able to point you in the
right direction of where to look.

Jan