climate in usa

Old September 27th, 2003, 02:33 AM
Louis Cohen

Default climate in usa

I love cooler weather and can't stand heat or humidity, so San Francisco
gets my vote. If you want it a bit warmer but not too hot, Northern
California west of the hills.

--

Regards

Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

"john west++++" wrote in message
which part of the usa has the best climate please? ie warm summers and

warm
winters.not too hot and not too cold.
thanks john west

Old September 27th, 2003, 02:40 AM
Shashay Doofray

john west++++ wrote in message
which part of the usa has the best climate please? ie warm summers and

warm
winters.not too hot and not too cold.
thanks john west

Probably the only place that would fit your description would be Hawaii.

SD

Old September 27th, 2003, 03:24 AM
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 00:12:09 +0100, "john west++++"
wrote:

which part of the usa has the best climate please? ie warm summers and warm
winters.not too hot and not too cold.
thanks john west

Hawaii

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
+ (two mirrored sites)
+ http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
+ http://waveprohosting.com/tnguym
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old September 27th, 2003, 04:19 AM
JamesStep

not too hot and not too cold.

A lot of folks would consider portions of California
such as San Francisco to be the ideal climate, with
moderate temperatures year round.

Hawaii has beautiful weather, but I know several folks
who feel that it's often too hot and humid for their taste.

James
Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail.
-
Old September 27th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Alan Pollock

RJ wrote:
On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 23:32:11 GMT, Keeger wrote:

"john west++++" wrote:

which part of the usa has the best climate please? ie warm summers and warm
winters.not too hot and not too cold.
thanks john west

Probably northern California to Seattle (lots of rain, tho)

San Diego.

Finally somebody speaks the truth. Nex
Old September 27th, 2003, 05:49 AM
Hatunen

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 22:43:19 -0700, "Carmen L. Abruzzi"
wrote:

in article %N5db.436217$Oz4.243248@rwcrnsc54, Louis Cohen at
wrote on 9/26/03 6:33 PM:

I love cooler weather and can't stand heat or humidity, so San Francisco
gets my vote. If you want it a bit warmer but not too hot, Northern
California west of the hills.

What, out in the ocean? Or do you mean the Sierra foothills? It gets
hellishly hot there and even hotter to the immediate west. While it's foggy
and chilly even farther west along the coast.

I figured he meant west of the coast range, e.g., Mendocino.

Old September 27th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Eric Holeman

In article ,
john west++++ wrote:

which part of the usa has the best climate please?

Chicago, of course. Whatever weather you want, you name it, we got it.

ie warm summers and warm winters.not too hot and not too cold.

No prob. We'll keep you busy for the other 49 weeks, too.

--
---
Eric Holeman Chicago Illinois USA
Old September 27th, 2003, 07:31 AM
Patty Winter

In article ,
Bill Williams wrote:

I would definitely agree that the weather in the mid to southern Peninsula
(and even into Santa Clara County) is among the best I've ever encountered.
I lived with my parents in San Jose, and recall my mother looking outside
one summer day on a perfectly blue sky, and she muttered, "Another damned
nice day."

Several years ago I was watching a panel discussion of journalists on
C-SPAN, and Brian Lamb took a minute to ask a Washington Post reporter
about his recent sabbatical (one year?) at the Hoover Institution at
Stanford University. Lamb asked the guy what he enjoyed the most about
his time there. I figure, heck, the place has at least one former
Secretary of State, a bunch of Nobel winners, and basically a top-notch
collection of experts on governments around the world. An absolute
treasure trove for a policy wonk.

So what does the guy say in reply to Lamb's question? Perhaps, "I
learned more about how governments operate in one year than I had
in 20 years of journalism in D.C. It was the opportunity of a life-
time!" Nope. He said, "The weather. It's God's country out there."

I guess when you normally live in Washington, D.C., the climate in
Palo Alto can seem like a gift from heaven all right. ;-)

Patty