Eden Bay Nudist Resort - trip report

Old December 13th, 2003, 06:04 PM
Tfernstrom

Default Eden Bay Nudist Resort - trip report

Dear Readers,

As I sit here trying to warm my hands against this chilling Chicagoland
temperature that is currently hovering in the teens, I vividly recall our trip
to Eden Bay Resort in the warm Dominican Republic last October and can envision
our next trip this coming spring.

Many of you may know me from previous communications an owner at Eden Bay that
has gotten involved with the financial group that has restored and successfully
reopened Eden Bay. I won't dwell on the details of how we accomplished this -
only of how we have made the resort even better than what it once was.

When my wife Patti & I arrived at the Puerto Plata airport, we were happy to
see that it is still the modern facility that it had been transformed into
about six years ago. Picking up our luggage and walking through their customs
area was no big deal. Especially since the name Sammy Sosa was on the tongues
of everyone who saw we were from Chicago. Once outside the doors, a taxi
driver displaying a hand held sign with the logo of Eden Bay greeted our eyes.
Recognizing that logo, Patti & I signaled for the driver to take our luggage
and after doing so, we were off.

About 4 years ago, there was a massive purchase of new transportation vehicles
in the DR for the island's taxi system and all the taxi drivers take great
pride in maintaining their new vehicles. So it was a pleasant 1 hour and 15
minute trip to the resort going through interesting towns such as Sosua
(settled by Jewish immigrants), Cabarete (great windsurfing and popular with
young European travelers), Gaspar Hernandez (a political hub of the island) and
Rio San Juan (known for its mangroves).

Upon our arrival at the resort Dorio, the headwaiter, was holding a tray of
refreshing tropical drinks to welcome us to this true Caribbean paradise.
Within minutes, we were on our way to our villa to unpack and begin relaxing.
It always amazes me how much my wife packs to go to a nudist resort. Of course
she said that because I was down there for business purposes as well, we needed
some outfits to go outside the resort. As it turned out, we only left the
resort grounds once so we returned home with many clean clothes. This is the
only way to do business - at a lovely resort in the Caribbean --NAKED.

That is the beauty of Eden Bay. The freedom to be naked at all times. In the
mornings we'd saunter up to the Eden House restaurant, sitting towels in hand
for a leisurely breakfast sharing conversation with the other guests and
owners, planning our day's activities and in my case making arrangements for
the day's business meetings. Sometimes I'd start out the day with a bloody
Mary or screwdriver with breakfast - especially if we had a grueling day of
meetings planned. During this stay, while I would depart for a meeting, my
wife would rest by the pool or get a wonderfully relaxing massage. Upon my
return, we'd swim for a bit or maybe participate in an impromptu water
volleyball game. Of course the Cuba Libres (Rum & Cokes) would flow easily
past the lips of yours truly - and Brugal, the local rum is excellent for these
concoctions.

Lunchtime would soon roll around and find us commiserating at the Oasis Beach
Bar while enjoying a choice from about 15 entrees off the menu. Items ranging
from some very American dishes such as burgers and steak sandwiches with fries
to excellent local dishes such as the "Dominican Flag" a combination of rice,
beans and your choice of beef, pork or chicken with a marvelous sauce on the
side. And each day offered a special soup. Now I'm not much for soup
especially when the temperature was in the 80's, but I tasted a few and they
were all excellent. Guests were clamoring for more all the time.

Of course, siesta time would soon follow lunch for me. Others might go off
hiking, snorkeling, horseback riding or touring the countryside. Most just
wanted to stay and enjoy the peace and serenity. All who ventured outside the
resorts walls eventually came back excited to be able to get naked again. They
would all make sure they were back for cocktail hour and snacks served around
4:00PM. Then everyone would make plans for meeting for dinner.

Dinner - the most exciting meal of the day. The menu usually was comprised of
three or four main items with a choice of appetizers and soups or salads -- all
meals and their presentations were superb. Lingering over these meals for
hours each evening and accompanying them with fine wines and liquors made for
many very enjoyable times. As an appropriate end to the day, we could listen
to soothing island music or step into invitingly warm hot tubs for a late night
libation under the brilliant stars and let our cares drift off into the evening
breeze.

Back in our villa, we would stretch out in our king sized bed under a quiet
ceiling fan all the while enjoying the sounds of the ocean waves as they came
ashore. Loving embraces were exchanged every night with joy over how we have
accomplished such a massive undertaking to bring the beauty of Eden Bay Resort
to the nudist community once again.

All the owners have asked me to extend our most sincere wishes for a happy and
safe Holiday Season and that you, your family and friends join us in this
celebration of our success. To experience Eden Bay's serenity and beauty is an
encounter of a lifetime. Please visit our website at: www.edenbay.com and
consider making Eden Bay Resort your next vacation destination.

Tom Fernstrom

Old December 21st, 2003, 01:25 PM
Runge

"Tfernstrom" a écrit dans le message