Travelocity oddity

Old September 25th, 2015, 08:49 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Nil

Default Travelocity oddity

This seems to be the only travel newsgroup with any action these days,
so I hope someone here can check something out for me...

If anyone has a Travelocity account, please log in and check out their
site's "Scratchpad" feature. Supposedly it keeps a list of recent
searches there so you can refer back to them. I think it did work as
advertised a few weeks ago when I first noticed it, but I didn't really
make use of it.

In the past few days I find dozens of listings there that I did not
make. Things like flights from Seoul Korea to Prague, hotels in Tucson
AZ, flights from Phoenix to Hawaii, car rentals in Amsterdam. The
listings will come and go within minutes, to be replaced by equally
random things. I'm certain that my account has not been hi-jacked,
though I changed my password and deleted any stored payment info to be
sure, and I'm keeping an eye on any bookings that might be made. I
think it must the site itself going nuts.

So, if you can, please check out the Scratchpad and see if it's working
as expected.

I already called Travelocity, and the nice lady seemed to understand my
concern and said she would inform the system support people. I also
emailed them through their contact page, but no response.
Old September 26th, 2015, 04:13 AM posted to rec.travel.air
John Levine

So, if you can, please check out the Scratchpad and see if it's working
as expected.

Nothing odd on mine.

I presume you've noticed that Travelocity is now merely a rebranded
version of Expedia. The user accounts are still separate, but I
expect sooner or later they'll combine them. Expedia also bought
Orbitz but the sites aren't merged yet.

Old September 26th, 2015, 05:34 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Nil

On 25 Sep 2015, John Levine wrote in
rec.travel.air:

So, if you can, please check out the Scratchpad and see if it's
working as expected.

Nothing odd on mine.

Good for you. Disappointing for me, though. I was hoping it was more
general problem so they would fix it quicker.

I presume you've noticed that Travelocity is now merely a
rebranded version of Expedia. The user accounts are still
separate, but I expect sooner or later they'll combine them.
Expedia also bought Orbitz but the sites aren't merged yet.

Now that you mention it, I think I remember reading about that a while
ago, but I had forgotten about it. I do have both an Expedia and Orbitz
account, and the user name is the same for all. I haven't logged into
them for a long time, but I wonder if this is some unexpected
consequence of the accounts are getting mixed up in their common
system?

Thank you for checking.

P.S. My Scratch pad currently includes flights from Jackson Hole WY to
Fairbanks AK, hotels in Christchurch NZ, and a flight from Portland OR
to Deadmans Cay, Bahamas.
Old October 1st, 2015, 02:03 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Nil

On 26 Sep 2015, Nil wrote in
rec.travel.air:

P.S. My Scratch pad currently includes flights from Jackson Hole
WY to Fairbanks AK, hotels in Christchurch NZ, and a flight from
Portland OR to Deadmans Cay, Bahamas.

I thought for about a day that the Scratchpad thing was fixed, as
nothing new appeared. I've complained to Travelocity several times in
several ways, and it occurred to me that they may have just shut the
feature off in my account. However, the crazy listings are back today
with a vengeance. My Scratchpad currently includes a beach resort in
Punta Cana Domincan Republic, flights for 3 from Denver to Florence
Italy, and a hotel in Dubai. I'm tempted to take the Dubai hotel - 4
stars, and it's only $90 a night!

I also noticed that, even though it seems to be recording a lot of
other people's searches, it completely ignores my own.