Cancun or Punta Cana? Please help me choose one.....

Old March 13th, 2004, 08:21 PM
RKELC

Default Cancun or Punta Cana? Please help me choose one.....

Which one would you choose if you were going with your wife and 2 kids (17
and 18 yrs old...boy and girl)....

I've done the research and have chosen to take a all inclusive vacation the
last week of July (7 nights).....Thought about a cruise but for the $$$ you
can't beat it....

Hopefully someone out there has been to one or both areas and just looking
for some recommendations.....

I myself would just enjoy the relaxation (and the food/drinks and so
on).....
The wife and kids would love the water/sports/ almost everything that comes
along)..

Thanks for your time...

Rick

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today"
................. James Byron Dean

Old March 14th, 2004, 12:27 AM
David E. Bath

In article ,
"RKELC" writes:
Which one would you choose if you were going with your wife and 2 kids (17
and 18 yrs old...boy and girl)....

I've done the research and have chosen to take a all inclusive vacation the
last week of July (7 nights).....Thought about a cruise but for the $$$ you
can't beat it....

Hopefully someone out there has been to one or both areas and just looking
for some recommendations.....

I myself would just enjoy the relaxation (and the food/drinks and so
on).....
The wife and kids would love the water/sports/ almost everything that comes
along)..

I have been to both areas several times and enjoyed both immensely.
The water in the Cancun area is much prettier than what we saw in
Punta Cana. Even though we did enjoy Punta Cana as we went three 3
different times, we chose to return many more times to the Cancun
area since for us being in the Dallas area it is a much much shorter
flight.

-- David Bath - Moderator for rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

Old March 14th, 2004, 05:23 AM
RKELC

Thanks Dave for the response.....

Tough choice.....

I need to doo a little more research on Cacun....

Rick

Old March 14th, 2004, 06:03 PM
M Savalier

July is a bad time for Cancun.
It is Very crowed and Very HOT. South of Cancun in the Rivera Maya area is
better at that time.

--
Dilly

http://home.comcast.net/~itsdilly/
http://community.webshots.com/user/savalier
People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, but
people will never forget how you made them feel.

om...

Old March 14th, 2004, 06:03 PM
M Savalier

David
I am very curious can you tell me what times of year you visited Cancun?
I have been there twice once in Jan and once in July we found it to be a
totally different experience each time.

Old March 14th, 2004, 07:31 PM
David E. Bath

In article ,
"M Savalier" writes:
David
I am very curious can you tell me what times of year you visited Cancun?
I have been there twice once in Jan and once in July we found it to be a
totally different experience each time.

I have been to Cancun area in April, May, June, Sept., Oct., Nov.,
and Dec. We have experienced extreme rain in all those months, and in
Sept. thru Nov. you are in the hurricane season. We have had 3
different trips in the fall to the Cancun area postponed/canceled
due to hurricane damage to the resort where we had reservations.

The problem with summer months is the rainy season is starting, and
with winter months it is cooler, although not cold, and the days are
shorter which limits your beach time.

Out favorite time to go there is late spring or early summer.

--
David Bath - Moderator for rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

Old March 15th, 2004, 06:45 AM
M Savalier

Thanks David
I think Cancun has the most beautiful beach in the world!
Did you stay at all inclusives? Can you recommend any?

Sorry if I am prying but I would really like to hear about your trips.

Old March 15th, 2004, 08:22 PM
David E. Bath

In article ,
"M Savalier" writes:
Thanks David
I think Cancun has the most beautiful beach in the world!
Did you stay at all inclusives? Can you recommend any?

Sorry if I am prying but I would really like to hear about your trips.

I've posted some of them before on this group:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain

I've stayed at Royal Solaris and Blue Bay Getaway in Cancun, Diamond
Cozumel (now Allegro), Oasis Puerto Aventuras, Jack Tar Punta Cana,
Jack Tar Puerto Vallarta, and Club Oasis Akumal. All were very
enjoyable with the exception of Blue Bay due to it's poor beach and
mediocre food when we were there about 5 years ago.

We've stayed at Club Oasis Akumal at least 10 times over the years
and plan to return soon. We like it for its remoteness, wide beaches,
and excellent snorkeling right from the beach. We don't care much
for nightly entertainment which is minimal at this resort. When we go
off-season there aren't many people so the beaches are wide open.
Many rooms are beach-side and are a very short walk to the beach. The
food is above average, and the help very friendly. It's also
relatively inexpensive as we've always paid less than $2000 total for
both of us to go there for a week.

--
David Bath - Moderator for rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive