Geo Holidays (aka Fairfield Affiliate) - my experience

Old July 24th, 2004, 11:44 PM
mima

Default Geo Holidays (aka Fairfield Affiliate) - my experience

Hi everyone,

I hope very much, most of you how posted in this tread, read from time to
time the new postings here.
I made my experience with Geo Holidays, unfortunately for me,
before I had the chance to read your warnings.
In two words, my husband and myself ended up signing a contract with them.

I still do not know how did it happened. We did not plan at all
to do so going to their presentation. Quit the opposite.
We were attacked by 4 sales persons plus the manager, for 4 hours, and
about midnight, I realized, we are signing a contract, which we do not
need and paying the down payment of 15 hundred CAD.
By the way, we live in Toronto.
The procedure was the same, how you describe it.
Now, we want to find a way to get out of the contract and if possible, get
our money back. It seems not easy. The contract is prepared in a way that
legal attack will be very difficult.
We want to go for publicity, it seems to me that this is the only way to
make them bent.
I would like to ask you for help.
I am going to post my e-mail address and ask you
to contact me.
My idea is, to contact the media, CBC radio, for instance.
The more people with similar experience, the better.
If you agree to repeat in front of a journalist, what you have described
in this forum, we can help a lot of people not to fall in this trap, and
possibly, my husband and me we can be released from the obligations which
we got ourselves into and get our money back.
Please, contact me at

Thank you in advance.

Mima

Old August 14th, 2004, 11:07 PM
thomer

Hey everyone,
Thanks for saving my time but putting these posts up on the board. I
live in Toronto and also recieved a call from them. I have only been
talking on the phone to a lady calling herself Algira 416-964-2158 ext:
239. I also started asking more questions and found out what they claim
to be the chances of winning each prize. 1st price is 10% second 20% 3rd
price 30% and 40 prize 40%. They also claim the value of the prices range
from 5K to $50.00.
Anyway, I gave them a call back and asked them to remove me from their
calling list today. Well see how well that works.

Cheers,
Trevor.

Old August 15th, 2004, 08:34 PM
mima

Hi everyone,

this is to update you on our story with GeoHoliday.
I have to tell you that it has a happy end.
It is obvious for the reader of my first posting in this tread how
terrified and upset I was, realizing that my husband and me have signed a
contract that does not correspond to our needs.
Reading the full contract next morning after we sighed it it seemed to me
that there is no way out of it.
It turned out to be different.
We wrote a letter to GeoHoliday, explaining that we would like to
terminate the contract. We had numerous conversations, on the phone and in
person with the business manager.
There were not able to cancel the contract all together, but they offered
us to substitute it for such called "test drive", trial membership program
for 3 years, with one week vacation each year, plus one bonus cruise
vacation.
They were acting professionally, and with respect to us as their
customers.

Now we are looking forward to our first vacation experience with
GeoHoliday. We will keep you posted.

Mima

Old October 4th, 2004, 08:37 PM
admin2008