Help With Panama Cruise

Old September 28th, 2011, 11:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Old Sarge[_3_]

Default Help With Panama Cruise

My very first cruise was on a WWII troop ship that landed troops on the
Pacific islands during the war. ANYTHING is better than that cruise.

Anyway, my dream cruise is to go through the Panama Canal and disembark
in Seattle. The port of embarkation is not important, but if it was
Galveston, we would drive to the port. No more Miami port driving for us.

I want to visit as many South American ports as possible, especially
Rio. Cabo San Lucas would only permit us to visit our timeshare there
for a day and maybe make a COSTCO run (smile).

I want to sail through the Canal and up the coast to Seattle with stops
possibly in San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and getting off in
Seattle where we have a lot of friends to visit. It's also an easy
non-stop flight back home from there.

I'm looking at Celebrity, Princess, Holland America, Royal Caribbean,
and maybe some of the more intimate expensive companies. Price IS
important, but we would want a balcony stateroom, away from any hard
decks with moving tables and chairs (smile). The number of eating
establishments is not a big issue, nor are the number of watering holes.

I'm looking between May and November. Winter would be better since it
gets very cold here. I invite all travel agents, cruise experts, and
everyone else to submit suggestions. If you prefer to send it to me via
email, so be it. At least you won't have people jumping all over you
for being off topic.

EMAIL:

--
**U.S. Army Retired - USPS Retired**
**Degreed in CS, BS, HBS**
Old September 29th, 2011, 01:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Old Sarge
wrote:

I want to sail through the Canal and up the coast to Seattle with stops
possibly in San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and getting off in
Seattle where we have a lot of friends to visit. It's also an easy
non-stop flight back home from there.

I think you would need to look for a repositioning cruise for that
itinerary. Where they reposition a ship to Seattle for the Alaska
season. That would be in the spring.

--
Charles
Old September 29th, 2011, 02:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:33:21 -0400, Old Sarge wrote:

my dream cruise is to go through the Panama Canal and disembark
in Seattle. The port of embarkation is not important, but if it was
Galveston, we would drive to the port. No more Miami port driving for us.

I want to visit as many South American ports as possible, especially
Rio. Cabo San Lucas would only permit us to visit our timeshare there
for a day and maybe make a COSTCO run (smile).

I want to sail through the Canal and up the coast to Seattle with stops
possibly in San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and getting off in
Seattle where we have a lot of friends to visit. It's also an easy
non-stop flight back home from there.

So you want to embark off the Gulf, run down the eastern coast of SA,
turn around, go thru the PC and up the western coast of the US. Think
about that.

Your best bet is to make this two cruises, back-to-back or as close as
b2b as possible. The first being the SA part, the second a PC passing
thru part.

Old September 30th, 2011, 02:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Old Sarge[_3_]

On 9/29/2011 9:32 AM, Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
[...]

I'm still looking at the possibilities. Back to back would be nice but
I don't think the wife would be able to stand so many sea days. There
are a lot of options available. If I wasn't hooked up, I would be
looking at a possible freighter cruise and bring along a satellite dish
for my internet (smile). My step father worked on freighters and I
would pick him up at the pier in San Francisco when he came in. We
would have supper on the ship (he was a waiter). Better food than on
any cruise ship. My reward for picking him up was to sling him over my
shoulder and carry his drunk butt up the stairs at home.