cambodia or NZ

Old October 1st, 2003, 11:30 AM
kat

Default cambodia or NZ

At the end of December I have the opportunity to travel around
Cambodia/Thailand or NZ. I have only 3 weeks to travel and I can't
decide which place to go!!!!!! This decision is driving me crazy,
because I don't know if I will be able to travel like this again. Can
anyone who has travelled to both places help me with this???? Which is
I would really appreciate any info or suggestion!
Old October 1st, 2003, 12:19 PM
Ben

NZ has it all!!
it would help if you'd told us what you like/are interested in/...

om...

Old October 1st, 2003, 04:07 PM
Miguel Cruz

kat wrote:
At the end of December I have the opportunity to travel around
Cambodia/Thailand or NZ. I have only 3 weeks to travel and I can't
decide which place to go!!!!!! This decision is driving me crazy,
because I don't know if I will be able to travel like this again. Can
anyone who has travelled to both places help me with this???? Which is
I would really appreciate any info or suggestion!

Well, do you prefer nature or culture? Crowds or quiet? Cuisine or
convenience? Familiar comforts or exotic differences?

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.
Old October 2nd, 2003, 12:36 PM
kat

(Miguel Cruz) wrote in message ...
kat wrote:
At the end of December I have the opportunity to travel around
Cambodia/Thailand or NZ. I have only 3 weeks to travel and I can't
decide which place to go!!!!!! This decision is driving me crazy,
because I don't know if I will be able to travel like this again. Can
anyone who has travelled to both places help me with this???? Which is
I would really appreciate any info or suggestion!

Well, do you prefer nature or culture? Crowds or quiet? Cuisine or
convenience? Familiar comforts or exotic differences?

miguel

Well... I like all of those things, but if I had to choose I guess I
would say I like culture the most. I'm a photographer and love
photographing people and the peculiarities of life. I really love
nature, but I'm not really into nature photography. I don't mind
crowds too much as long as the people are interesting and friendly. I
also like to party and have a good time. I'm assume
Cambodia/laos/Thailand is much cheaper than NZ...is there really a big
difference? I really don't have that much money, so I prefer getting
the most for my money. I plan on travelling as cheap as
possible...taking buses, staying hostels and what not... I like to see
unique places of the country I'm in and travel off the beaten track as
long as it's not too complicated. I've been to South Africa, Zimbabwe,
Ireland, China and briefly in Thailand, but at the moment I live in
Japan(sort of exotic, I guess), which is far away from my family... I
wonder if travelling to NZ over the holidays will be a nice break from
the language barrier and give me some of the comforts of home. Thanks
for your info!

Kat
Old October 4th, 2003, 06:48 PM
howard

om...

kat wrote:
[...]

Don't leave Cambodia too long, things are changing there. Too many
tourists at Angkor Wat *may* force some restrictions.

NZ will *always* be there !

H.

Old November 17th, 2003, 01:00 AM
SportChick

There is a significant difference in price, so if that is a concern, I would
go with Cambodia.

Also, since you have only 3 weeks, I would actually recommend waiting on NZ
until you can go for longer. We were there for two months (I went for a
month the first time I was there, but went only to the South Island on that
trip) and still felt as if we didn't really have enough time to see it all.
Cambodia is much smaller and you can see most everything there is to see in
that amount of time.

I would recommend going to Cambodia based on your budgetary concerns and
time constraints.

- SC

om...