JFK Airport Arrival Avianca Terminal 4

Old January 29th, 2008, 03:16 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default JFK Airport Arrival Avianca Terminal 4

My Wife will be arriving from Colombia on Avianca at Terminal 4 and
departing from Terminal 3 on Delta. Can someone tel me the location of
Customs/Immigration for Terminal 4 also maybe the transportation
situation from Terminal 4 to Terminal 3. I am sure she will have to
transport her luggage from Term 4 to Term 3.

Thanks in Advance for the help
smith63
Old January 29th, 2008, 04:25 AM posted to rec.travel.air
John L

My Wife will be arriving from Colombia on Avianca at Terminal 4 and
departing from Terminal 3 on Delta. Can someone tel me the location of
Customs/Immigration for Terminal 4 also maybe the transportation
situation from Terminal 4 to Terminal 3. I am sure she will have to
transport her luggage from Term 4 to Term 3.

It's not like customs is hard to find, you go where everyone else on
the plane is is going, and you end up in front where approximately a
gazillion people are waiting to meet arriving passengers.

Terminal 4 is, not surprisingly, next door to Terminal 3. She can
take the JFK airtrain one stop (take the all terminals loop, otherwise
it's a long way around.) There should be luggage carts and skycaps if
needed. If the weather is nice and she doesn't have too much luggage,
it may still be possible to walk; go out to the sidewalk, look to her
left, and walk to the next building, the one with the big round funny
looking roof.

I haven't been to T4 since they built it to replace the old IAB, so I
don't know whether there's a luggage recheck at the customs exit. If
so, she can check her luggage there and then walk or take the train to
T3.
Old January 29th, 2008, 04:43 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

wrote:
My wife will be arriving from Colombia on Avianca at Terminal 4
and departing from Terminal 3 on Delta. Can someone tel me the
location of Customs/Immigration for Terminal 4 also maybe the
transportation situation from Terminal 4 to Terminal 3. I am sure
she will have to transport her luggage from Term 4 to Term 3.

Customs/Immigration is in the bowels of T4. From there, signs will
direct her to ground transportation, parking and the "AirTrain." She
needs to head for the "AirTrain," a people-mover system. There are
three routes -- "All Terminals" circles between the terminals. The
other two go to Jamaica Station and Howard Beach, respectively.

She needs to get on the "All Terminals" route. It runs clockwise,
so that after she boards at T4, the next stop will be T2/3. See this
website for a diagram showing the routes and an explanation of
how the AirTrain works... www.panynj.gov/aviation/jitcfram.htm

Old January 29th, 2008, 01:30 PM posted to rec.travel.air
harlen[_2_]

"Rog'" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
[...]

As one arrives at T4 by plane, do you have to exit the secure area to
transfer to another Terminal? Other words, do you have to go through TSA
security entering T3.

Thanks-

Old January 29th, 2008, 02:18 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Binyamin Dissen

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 13:30:13 GMT "harlen"
wrote:

:"Rog'" wrote in message
t...
: wrote:
[...]

International arrivals always have to exit the secured area.

By now, in most airports, there are busses or the like to allow secure
transfer between an airlines own flights. I presume the same is true in JFK.

Of course, if no airline uses both T3 & T4 it is moot,

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old January 29th, 2008, 02:58 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John L

As one arrives at T4 by plane, do you have to exit the secure area to
transfer to another Terminal? Other words, do you have to go through
TSA security entering T3.

There generally aren't any airside transfers between terminals at JFK.

As someone else noted, in the U.S. there aren't airside transfers to
anywhere from international arrivals.

Old January 30th, 2008, 06:41 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Binyamin Dissen wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 13:30:13 GMT "harlen"
wrote:

:"Rog'" wrote in message
t...
: wrote:
[...]

Post 9/11, all passengers boarding flights from US airports have to
clear US security. I thinked this helped end the SVO-SEA-SFO flight.
While at SEA, passengers going to SFO waited in a secure waiting area.
Post 9/11, they had to clear Immigration and security. This caused
delays in getting the plane to SFO for the return SFO-SEA-SVO trip.
First they canceled the SFO segments and just flew SEA-SVO. Without the
SFO passengers, Aeroflot soon found more profitable places for the plane
to go.