Fort Lauderdale to Miami...

Old January 28th, 2008, 04:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Fort Lauderdale to Miami...

Where would I drop it off in south beach, the airport? It would be too
expensive to keep it for the weekend + they charge for parking.

On Jan 16, 5:00*pm, "Chilly8" wrote:
wrote in message

I am debating between taking a flight into Miami or Fort Lauderdale.
The ticket to FLL is $120 cheaper. *If I take a taxi I'd lose my
savings on the extra fare. What is the cheapest way to get from the
FLL airport to South Beach? *I have read multiple threads on this but

Rent a car and drive. Its the fastest and easiet.

Old January 28th, 2008, 04:28 AM posted to rec.travel.air
John L

Where would I drop it off in south beach, the airport? It would be too
expensive to keep it for the weekend + they charge for parking.

There's no airport in Miami Beach (well, I suppose maybe the seaplane
base but it's tiny.)

A quick check on Orbitz says that you can rent a car from Dollar or
Thrifty at FLL and drop it off at their city offices in Miami Beach
for $69. That's not particularly cheap. I'd do the shared limo.

Old January 28th, 2008, 07:01 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

John L wrote:
Where would I drop it off in south beach, the airport? It would be too
expensive to keep it for the weekend + they charge for parking.

There's no airport in Miami Beach (well, I suppose maybe the seaplane
base but it's tiny.)

A quick check on Orbitz says that you can rent a car from Dollar or
Thrifty at FLL and drop it off at their city offices in Miami Beach
for $69. That's not particularly cheap. I'd do the shared limo.

what about other companies?
Also, with some corporate or organizational plans, with some car rental
coompanies, you don't pay drop charges.
Old January 28th, 2008, 05:03 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John L

A quick check on Orbitz says that you can rent a car from Dollar or
Thrifty at FLL and drop it off at their city offices in Miami Beach
for $69. That's not particularly cheap. I'd do the shared limo.

what about other companies?

They weren't interestingly cheaper. Even with my corp number Avis is $54.

Also, with some corporate or organizational plans, with some car
rental coompanies, you don't pay drop charges.

There's no drop charge. Rentals in Florida have gotten a lot more
expensive than they used to be.

Old January 29th, 2008, 04:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air
SMS

John L wrote:
A quick check on Orbitz says that you can rent a car from Dollar or
Thrifty at FLL and drop it off at their city offices in Miami Beach
for $69. That's not particularly cheap. I'd do the shared limo.

what about other companies?

They weren't interestingly cheaper. Even with my corp number Avis is $54.

Also, with some corporate or organizational plans, with some car
rental coompanies, you don't pay drop charges.

There's no drop charge. Rentals in Florida have gotten a lot more
expensive than they used to be.

This depends on the season. During peak season (XMAS to Easter) it's
expensive to rent a car. During the rest of the year it's pretty cheap.
Old January 30th, 2008, 03:41 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff[_16_]

wrote in message
Where would I drop it off in south beach, the airport? It would be too
expensive to keep it for the weekend + they charge for parking.

All the agencies have multiple drop off points in Miami Beach. check the
web sites