Yellowstone

Old September 4th, 2008, 05:11 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
AZ Nomad[_3_]

Default Yellowstone

On 04 Sep 2008 03:45:25 GMT, FrouClou wrote:
"m. anne" wrote in
:

We are planning on taking a car trip to Yellowstone the week
of Sept.22. What type of clothes should I pack. We are
planning on spending our nights at a koa campground around
Cody Wyoming. Any info would be appreciated. We are from the
Texas and it is still hot as Hades here.

Dress warm! Bring warm sleeping bags or blankets etc.

Check Yellowstone zip code 82190
or Cody Wyo zip 82414 he
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/

It can be anywhere from highs in the 40's to highs in the 80's.
Get the weather forcast but prepare for anything!

I came though once in august and the lows were in the 20's but I had
only a summer sleeping bag. I recall praising the car's heater like
never before. Another trip and highs were the 80's; I bought a pile
of t-shirts at a tourist trap and they made me happy.

Be prepared and the weather (pack tshirts, heavy flannels, and a nice
winter jacket) won't be an issue and you'll be able to
enjoy the loveliness of the region.
Old September 5th, 2008, 07:05 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
CalifBill

"Brian" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 23:16:04 -0500, "m. anne"
wrote:

We are planning on taking a car trip to Yellowstone the week of Sept.22.
What type of clothes should I pack. We are planning on spending our
nights
at a koa campground around Cody Wyoming. Any info would be appreciated.
We
are from the Texas and it is still hot as Hades here.

We weren't there in September but were there the first weekend of
summer a couple of years ago. It snowed.

There has been snow recorded in Yellowstone on every day of the year ovedr
the long haul.