First class price, economy seat?

Old August 25th, 2010, 08:31 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.travel,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada
]v[etaphoid

Default First class price, economy seat?

Anyone know what happens if you buy a first class ticket for an airline, but
they have no first class seats available?

After a royal ****up by the tools at Flight Centre, I'm trying to re-book a
trip between Vegas and Mexico and there's only first class tickets (and
prices!) left. Problem is their seating plan shows no seats available onm
one of the two legs and says "a seat will be assigned at check in".

I don't want to pay top dollar for an economy seat. Am I better off finding
another flight, or wil they (US airways) pull something out of a hat?

Thanks,
]v[

Old August 25th, 2010, 02:35 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.travel,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada
John Levine

Anyone know what happens if you buy a first class ticket for an airline, but
they have no first class seats available?

That would be quite surprising. As far as I know, airlines do not
overbook first class like they do coach.

prices!) left. Problem is their seating plan shows no seats available onm
one of the two legs and says "a seat will be assigned at check in".

All that means is that they're holding back seat assignments for
some purpose. I've been on plenty of flights where a few days ahead
the seat map claimed it was 100% full, and when we actually boarded they
had room for 50 standbys.

R's,
John
Old August 25th, 2010, 03:12 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.travel,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada
§ñühw¤£f[_2_]

]v[etaphoid wrote:
Anyone know what happens if you buy a first class ticket for an airline, but
they have no first class seats available?

They duct tape you and throw you in the cargo hold like a big wet sack
of crap.

After a royal ****up by the tools at Flight Centre,

And this varies from your average experience because?

I'm trying to re-book a
trip between Vegas and Mexico and there's only first class tickets (and
prices!) left. Problem is their seating plan shows no seats available onm
one of the two legs and says "a seat will be assigned at check in".

If the other people they groped after "enhanced pat-downs" are filling
up the cargo bay, they'll strap you to the wing.
No worries mate

I don't want to pay top dollar for an economy seat. Am I better off finding
another flight, or wil they (US airways) pull something out of a hat?

Thanks,
]v[

You're probably better off by bus, train, catapult, or Illegal Smuggler.

HTH

Old August 25th, 2010, 03:18 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.travel,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada
OldGringo38

On 8/25/2010 2:31 AM Just to please that super-ego, ]v[etaphoid wrote
the following tidbit of information:
Anyone know what happens if you buy a first class ticket for an airline, but
they have no first class seats available?

After a royal ****up by the tools at Flight Centre, I'm trying to re-book a
trip between Vegas and Mexico and there's only first class tickets (and
prices!) left. Problem is their seating plan shows no seats available onm
one of the two legs and says "a seat will be assigned at check in".

I don't want to pay top dollar for an economy seat. Am I better off finding
another flight, or wil they (US airways) pull something out of a hat?

Thanks,
]v[

Unless you are part of the Drug Cartel in Mexico, I would suggest
staying in Vegas.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-11080584

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:37 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.travel,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada
Jordon

]v[etaphoid wrote:
Anyone know what happens if you buy a first class ticket for an airline, but
they have no first class seats available?

After a royal ****up by the tools at Flight Centre, I'm trying to re-book a
trip between Vegas and Mexico and there's only first class tickets (and
prices!) left. Problem is their seating plan shows no seats available onm
one of the two legs and says "a seat will be assigned at check in".

I don't want to pay top dollar for an economy seat. Am I better off finding
another flight, or wil they (US airways) pull something out of a hat?

1-800-231-3131. Ask them.