carnival cozumel cruise

Old April 6th, 2013, 09:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
bill

Default carnival cozumel cruise

Does any one have any info about what are the best things to see in cozumel for
the short time I am there and how can I get the most on board the ship and while
on the island?

Posted with NewsLeecher v5.0 Beta 17
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Old April 7th, 2013, 04:02 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
bill wrote:

Does any one have any info about what are the best things to see in cozumel
for
the short time I am there and how can I get the most on board the ship and
while
on the island?

Not much -- it seems that Carnival, or a consortium of cruise line owns
all the shops in most of the Southern Caribbean ports.
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nooffa Subject

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

In article ,
bill wrote:

Does any one have any info about what are the best things to see in
cozumel for
the short time I am there and how can I get the most on board the
ship and while
on the island?

Not much -- it seems that Carnival, or a consortium of cruise line
owns all the shops in most of the Southern Caribbean ports.

Ignoring Mr. Fairbairn's off-subject comment; there are many fun things to
do in Cozumel. I've been there several times. Since any discussion
regarding Carnival will only result in you being attacked, I suggest you go
to Carnival.Com and click on their "COMMUNITY" then "FORUMS" links. There
you will find dozens of topics including one that specializes in Carribean
destinations. Their FAQ section will also help you be best prepared for
your cruise.
Old April 8th, 2013, 01:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Nooffa Subject wrote:

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

In article ,
bill wrote:

Does any one have any info about what are the best things to see in
cozumel for
the short time I am there and how can I get the most on board the
ship and while
on the island?

Not much -- it seems that Carnival, or a consortium of cruise line
owns all the shops in most of the Southern Caribbean ports.

Ignoring Mr. Fairbairn's off-subject comment; there are many fun things to
do in Cozumel. I've been there several times. Since any discussion
regarding Carnival will only result in you being attacked, I suggest you go
to Carnival.Com and click on their "COMMUNITY" then "FORUMS" links. There
you will find dozens of topics including one that specializes in Carribean
destinations. Their FAQ section will also help you be best prepared for
your cruise.

.... so sayeth the apologist for Carnival.

BTW -- you never did answer my questions about your relationship with
Carnival Corp.
Old April 8th, 2013, 06:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Nooffa Subject wrote:
Orval Fairbairn wrote:

In article ,
bill wrote:

Does any one have any info about what are the best things to see in
cozumel for
the short time I am there and how can I get the most on board the
ship and while
on the island?

Not much -- it seems that Carnival, or a consortium of cruise line
owns all the shops in most of the Southern Caribbean ports.

Ignoring Mr. Fairbairn's off-subject comment; there are many fun things to
do in Cozumel. I've been there several times. Since any discussion
regarding Carnival will only result in you being attacked, I suggest you go
to Carnival.Com and click on their "COMMUNITY" then "FORUMS" links. There
you will find dozens of topics including one that specializes in Carribean
destinations. Their FAQ section will also help you be best prepared for
your cruise.

The best place by far to find out things to do in Cozumel is the port of
call board for Cozumel on Cruise Critic.

--
Charles
Old April 8th, 2013, 06:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article ,
bill wrote:

Does any one have any info about what are the best things to see in cozumel
for
the short time I am there and how can I get the most on board the ship and
while
on the island?

Not much -- it seems that Carnival, or a consortium of cruise line owns
all the shops in most of the Southern Caribbean ports.

The shops are not owned by the cruise lines but many do pay to be on the
cruise lines recommended lists.

As far as things to do in Cozumel there is a variety depending on ones
interests. You are wrong to say not much. There are a bunch of nice
beaches. Some ala carte and some all inclusive. There are good snorkeling
and dive spots. There is the Chankanaab Park. And there are excursions to
Mayan ruins. Tulum is well worth visiting.

--
Charles
Old April 8th, 2013, 07:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Does any one have any info about what are the best things to see in cozumel
for
the short time I am there and how can I get the most on board the ship and
while
on the island?

Not much -- it seems that Carnival, or a consortium of cruise line owns
all the shops in most of the Southern Caribbean ports.

As far as things to do in Cozumel there is a variety depending on ones
interests. You are wrong to say not much. There are a bunch of nice
beaches. Some ala carte and some all inclusive. There are good snorkeling
and dive spots. There is the Chankanaab Park. And there are excursions to
Mayan ruins. Tulum is well worth visiting.

Thanks for the tulum info that is exactly what I wanted to know. I
also would like to know if there are any cruise secrets for on board
the ship. As far as activites any free items and things such as that
or any other that I dont know about.
Old April 8th, 2013, 08:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nooffa Subject

wrote:

[...]

Just be aware that if you choose to investigate Cruise Critic, the people
there are about 85-90% anti-Carnival, and will eggagerate any and all
negative points to the point of innacuracy. Take any advice offered there
with a grain of salt, and you'll be ok.

As for on-board, I stand by my first suggestion.
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

negative points to the point of innacuracy. Take any advice offered there
with a grain of salt, and you'll be ok.

As for on-board, I stand by my first suggestion.

Alot of you are saying this and that without actually saying anything
relevant. I asked a couple simple questions I just wanted answers from
your personal experiences and I dont care about cruise critic or any
other profesionally ran web site I just want personal experiences.