schumacker the taxi driver

Old December 13th, 2007, 07:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan[_1_]

Default schumacker the taxi driver

"Mike......" wrote in message
Following up to "Alan" wrote:

it apears that one point has been missed, although he may well have had a
licence for that type of vehicle NOT USED FOR HIRE & REWARD he most
certainly did not have a taxi drivers permit issued by the local hackney
office or whatever they call it in germany therefore that makes him NOT
licenced to drive a vehicle that is registered as a taxi or minibus
having said all that good luck to him, i can see why he talked the taxi
driver into it so who cares i dont

interesting point, I doubt he needs a taxi driver permit to drive
himself, was he driving for hire or reward? I would say no. As long as
his insurance, like most, covers third party driving other vehicles
not owned by him or *hired* by him. Now, was it effectively hired to
him? If so that might invalidate his insurance?
Is a taxi a vehicle category? I can drive anything up to 2 tons and
certainly 12 seats (maybe more), but I cant drive it as a PSV, only as
private hire or owned.
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email

a taxi or minibus has to be registered as such if it is to be used to carry
fare paying passengers and ONLY driven by a driver that is licenced to drive
such a vehicle (i am NOT talking driving licence here but local taxi office
licence) as an example, if you were a taxi driver and your own car was so
plated even your wife is not permitted to drive it to go shopping even if
you both were partners in the business (unles she also is so licenced),
check with your own local council hackney office

Old December 13th, 2007, 07:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan[_1_]

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:11:17 +0100, Tim C. wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:50:39 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:31:29 +0100, Tim C. wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:10:06 +0100, Martin wrote:

OTOH the chance of anybody stealing a 1995 Primera is fairly remote.

A Belgian?

LOL she already does.

Even the Polish have newer cars than mine.

Q: Why do Russian car thieves in Germany always steal two cars at a
time?
A: Because they have to drive them back through Poland.

LOL

A better question is how they get away with driving them on Polish plates
in NL.
--

Martin

the same way as they do here ------------ nobody bothers them

Old December 13th, 2007, 10:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom Peel[_8_]

Alan schrieb:
"Mike......" wrote in message
Following up to "Alan" wrote:

[...]

It would be helpful if you mentioned which country you are talking
about. It is a mistake to assume that laws applicable in one country
apply everywhere else.
As another poster pointed out, all vehicles in Germany are insured for
3rd party risks by the registered owner, regardless of the driver or
other circumstances.
T.

Old December 13th, 2007, 10:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom Peel[_8_]

Tim C. schrieb:
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:53:13 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:39:07 +0100, Tim C. wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:24:14 +0000, Mike......
wrote:

Following up to Tim C. wrote:

you normally have
vehicle insurance, rather than driver insurance. The vehicle is
insured for any driver using it with the owner's permission.
so presumably children dont have the problem of getting cheap
insurance, their cars just belong to a parent?
Exactly. Then when they reach a more sensible age they get their own
insurance

If they or any other person, including Belgians, smash your car by driving it
into the back of a parked car in broad daylight, I lose my no claims bonus.

Yep. I think the incentive is that if you smash daddy's car and he
loses his ncb, he'll beat the sh*t out of you. So you drive more
carefully. Don't think it works though.

Yes, it's very useful in germany to drive a car insured in daddy's or
mummy's name. Even better, you have a whole stack of grannies and
grandads who don't drive any more, but have piled up years of no claims
bonuses and are prepared to register the smashed cars for you while you
perfect your driving skills.G
T.
Old December 14th, 2007, 08:11 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike......

Following up to "Alan" wrote:

check with your own local council hackney office

i dont think i will waste thier time on that! I may ask my nighbours.
What happens about motor trade drivers?
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email
Old December 14th, 2007, 08:11 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike......

Following up to PeterL wrote:

If you don't care why did you post this message?

he doesnt care about one angle, get it?
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email
Old December 14th, 2007, 08:40 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan[_1_]

"Tom Peel" wrote in message
Alan schrieb:
"Mike......" wrote in message
Following up to "Alan" wrote:

[...]

forget insurance forget driving licence ----- a taxi has to be registered as
such in EEC countries and the driver has to be also registered as a taxi
driver nobody is permited to drive a registered taxi unless they are
registered with the hackney office even on a private non fare paying journey
check with your local hackney office

Old December 14th, 2007, 08:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

"Alan" wrote in message

"Tom Peel" wrote in message
Alan schrieb:
"Mike......" wrote in message
Following up to "Alan" wrote:

[...]

Can you say 'anal retentive'?

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old December 14th, 2007, 08:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan[_1_]

"William Black" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message

"Tom Peel" wrote in message
Alan schrieb:
"Mike......" wrote in message
Following up to "Alan" wrote:

[...]

that's an unusual pronounciation of your name are you of ethnic origin

Old December 14th, 2007, 08:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tam

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:04:05 +0100, Tim C. wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:50:07 +0100, Martin wrote:

I think it's also insured when stolen.

for third-party only I think. But I'm not sure on that.
note to self: check your policy

I am insured against thieves stealing and smashing my car and I think
third
parties can claim too.

OTOH the chance of anybody stealing a 1995 Primera is fairly remote.
--

Having totalled two of my cars on my European adventures I now use hire
cars.

For my next extended trip I intend to get a £1000 banger that can be
abandoned in some lucky scrappie s in the event of problems/wreckage.
Mind you if my last taxi ride in Prague was anything to go by-brakes-not
working-used hand brake!-no windscreen wipers-it was raining-back door roped
closed--a UK banger would be Prague 5 star vehicle!.
The fare was £1.50---it was not a mafia taxi---I overtipped--£1.
Tam