venice cost's

Old July 4th, 2007, 07:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Doesn't Frequently Mop

Default venice cost's

Make credence recognised that on Tue, 03 Jul 2007 21:38:16 GMT, "Alan"
has scripted:

"Doesn't Frequently Mop" wrote in
message ...
Make credence recognised that on Tue, 03 Jul 2007 20:24:41 GMT, "Alan"
has scripted:

is venice an expensive place to visit -- gondola rides, eating out Etc

is it a generally clean city

are the people there friendly

are there many interesting coach tours to book on

Alan, are you trolling by any chance?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com

no not at all i have better things to do with my time, my wife is talking
about us going there for a short holiday, so do you have the answers to my
question's as i have never been there,

In that case, let me start with a quote:
"Venice is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs in one go."
--Truman Capote

It's clean, don't worry.

People are friendly, but they have seen a tourist or two.

Coach tours? I believe there's a bus that does a circuit around all
the main sites that will collect and drop you off at your hotel after.
Just Google for "Venice Bus Tours" and you should find it.
--
---
Old July 4th, 2007, 08:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 17:12:38 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 17:09:52 +0200, B wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 12:32:56 +0200, Martin wrote:

Nice! What's E6?

It's the Autostrada that passes through central Venice.

The Grand Canal?

Actually, I think she meant 6 euro.

--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old July 4th, 2007, 08:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 07:32:25 GMT, "Alan"
wrote:

"Ken Blake" wrote in message

are there many interesting coach tours to book on

In Venice? Are you aware that there are no roads for coaches in most
of Venice? Venice transportation is either on foot or by water.

Or did you mean from Venice to other places?

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

i meant areas around venice naturally as it would be difficult within
venice, unfortunately coaches dont float for very long

Sorry, I've never done any excursions in the vicinity of Venice and
can't help with that, but if you'll permit me to point out a bit or
two of trivia, note the following:

1. Both Mestre (on the mainland) and the Lido (a separate island from
the main part of Venice), and I believe other nearby islands too, are
officially part of Venice, and these places *do* have wheeled
transportation, including buses.

2. Even within central Venice (the part most of us mean when we say
"Venice"), there is *some* wheeled traffic, for example in and around
the Piazzale Roma. One day, the last time we were in Venice (2005), we
used our vaporetto pass to ride all the way around the central part.
We went clockwise, and were very surprised, after getting about 7/8 of
the way around, to be shooed off the vaporetto, and herded onto a
waiting bus (with wheels) which took us the rest of the way to
Piazzale Roma.

But yes, you are of course right, that for the great majority of what
we tourists consider "Venice" all transportation is either by water of
on foot (as I said originally, quoted above).

Old July 4th, 2007, 09:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Doesn't Frequently Mop

Make credence recognised that on Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:55:45 +0200, B
has scripted:

wrote:

are the people there friendly

Not very.

Have you seen these?

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...%20%20colorado
--
---
Old July 4th, 2007, 11:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle

"Ken Blake" wrote in message Ken
Blake
1. Both Mestre (on the mainland) and the Lido (a separate island from
the main part of Venice), and I believe other nearby islands too, are
officially part of Venice, and these places *do* have wheeled
transportation, including buses.

2. Even within central Venice (the part most of us mean when we say
"Venice"), there is *some* wheeled traffic, for example in and around
the Piazzale Roma. One day, the last time we were in Venice (2005), we
used our vaporetto pass to ride all the way around the central part.
We went clockwise, and were very surprised, after getting about 7/8 of
the way around, to be shooed off the vaporetto, and herded onto a
waiting bus (with wheels) which took us the rest of the way to
Piazzale Roma.

There is a fairly reasonable hotel near Piazzale Roma by the name of Santa
Chiara. We stayed there pre and post cruises twice while in Venice...It is
approachable by bus, taxi, or vaporetto because of its unique location on
the Grand Canal.
http://www.hotelsantachiara.it/eng/camere.htm

--Jean

Old July 5th, 2007, 10:35 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

wrote:

are the people there friendly

Not very.

Have you seen these?

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...%20%20colorado

What's that got to do with the price of eggs?
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:35 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 00:00:05 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 21:00:32 +0200, B wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 17:12:38 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 17:09:52 +0200, B wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 12:32:56 +0200, Martin wrote:

Nice! What's E6?

It's the Autostrada that passes through central Venice.

The Grand Canal?

Actually, I think she meant 6 euro.

which is worth how many D?

Old July 5th, 2007, 06:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Doesn't Frequently Mop

Make credence recognised that on Thu, 05 Jul 2007 11:35:24 +0200, B
has scripted:

wrote:

are the people there friendly

Not very.

Have you seen these?

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...%20%20colorado

What's that got to do with the price of eggs?

Err... nothing I guess. It's a testament to how unfriendly people are
from where I am. Thought you might want a laugh.
--
---
Old July 5th, 2007, 08:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 19:22:02 +0200, Doesn't Frequently Mop
wrote:

Err... nothing I guess. It's a testament to how unfriendly people are
from where I am. Thought you might want a laugh.

I only watched one of them and the comics weren't Ligurian. It wasn't
all that funny either. Maybe the others are better...