schumacker the taxi driver

Old December 13th, 2007, 02:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.

Default schumacker the taxi driver

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:49:50 +0000, Mike......
wrote:

Presumably i
become a different driver in the safer BMW.

no comment ! ;-)
Old December 13th, 2007, 02:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:53:13 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:39:07 +0100, Tim C. wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:24:14 +0000, Mike......
wrote:

Following up to Tim C. wrote:

you normally have
vehicle insurance, rather than driver insurance. The vehicle is
insured for any driver using it with the owner's permission.

so presumably children dont have the problem of getting cheap
insurance, their cars just belong to a parent?

Exactly. Then when they reach a more sensible age they get their own
insurance

If they or any other person, including Belgians, smash your car by driving it
into the back of a parked car in broad daylight, I lose my no claims bonus.

Yep. I think the incentive is that if you smash daddy's car and he
loses his ncb, he'll beat the sh*t out of you. So you drive more
carefully. Don't think it works though.
Old December 13th, 2007, 02:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.

wrote:

Following up to Tim C. wrote:

you normally have
vehicle insurance, rather than driver insurance. The vehicle is
insured for any driver using it with the owner's permission.

so presumably children dont have the problem of getting cheap
insurance, their cars just belong to a parent?

Exactly. Then when they reach a more sensible age they get their own
insurance

If they or any other person, including Belgians, smash your car by driving it
into the back of a parked car in broad daylight, I lose my no claims bonus.

Yep. I think the incentive is that if you smash daddy's car and he
loses his ncb, he'll beat the sh*t out of you. So you drive more
carefully. Don't think it works though.

Next you will be asking: When did you stop beating your wife?

lol! You know what I mean. :-)
Old December 13th, 2007, 02:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:21:17 GMT schrieb Alan:

it apears that one point has been missed, although he may well have had a
licence for that type of vehicle NOT USED FOR HIRE & REWARD he most
certainly did not have a taxi drivers permit issued by the local hackney
office

Whan "permit" are you on about? You need a valid driver's licence for that
kind of car.

Only when you drive it as a taxi-driver to drive passengers around, you
need a special permit called "Personenbeförderungsschein". But in Michael
Schumachers case he didn't take any paying passengers.

or whatever they call it in germany therefore that makes him NOT
licenced to drive a vehicle that is registered as a taxi or minibus
having said all that good luck to him, i can see why he talked the taxi
driver into it so who cares i dont

It's not so strict here. I used to drive cars with blue police-flashlights
on the top for an NGO in my younger years (instead of army service). No
special licence needed for that, just normal licence for any normal car.
They'll just give you a quick rundown about when to use siren and blue
lights and here you go. No extra test, licence or whatever. No big deal.

Regards,

Frank
Old December 13th, 2007, 02:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:50:07 +0100 schrieb Martin:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:44:04 +0100, Tim C. wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:30:21 +0000, Mike......
wrote:

As long as
his insurance, like most, covers third party driving other vehicles
not owned by him or *hired* by him

If it's still the same as it was when I lived there, you normally have
vehicle insurance, rather than driver insurance. The vehicle is
insured for any driver using it with the owner's permission.

I think it's also insured when stolen.

Yes it is. If the thief injures somebody, than your insurance still have to
cover the damage.

Regards,

Frank
Old December 13th, 2007, 02:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:24:14 +0000 schrieb Mike......:

Following up to Tim C. wrote:

you normally have
vehicle insurance, rather than driver insurance. The vehicle is
insured for any driver using it with the owner's permission.

so presumably children dont have the problem of getting cheap
insurance, their cars just belong to a parent?

Exactly. The car is simply insured and registered in their parents' name.

Regards,

Frank
Old December 13th, 2007, 03:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:49:50 +0000 schrieb Mike......:

I dont see why one person
should gain/penalised because on average owners of that model tend to
crash more/less. Apparently im expected to crash my BMW much more than
my Hyundai, even though the hyundai has crap brakes. Presumably i
become a different driver in the safer BMW.

The point is that cheap, small cars are often driven by young drivers,
which have little experience. So they crash more often than someone who
drives a new BMW for 50.000 EUR.

At the moment they have up to 40 different "classes" of cars
("Typenklassen"), which all have different "risks". Sometimes you get off
cheaper to drive an older, bigger car than a new small one. So, you might
be better off to drive an old Opel Omega or E-Klass Benz than driving a
small Fiat or VW Polo. Especially "old peoples' cars" can be very cheap in
the insurance, as they are mostly driven by seniors and not cool amongst
youngsters, so they get a cheap "Typenklasse".

Regards,

Frank
Old December 13th, 2007, 03:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:04:00 +0100, Martin wrote:

It's my wife who smashes cars not my kids.

"where did that dent/green paint stripe/scratch come from?"

"what dent....? Oh, must've been done to the car by someone in the car
park while I was off shopping"
Old December 13th, 2007, 04:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:08:26 +0100 schrieb Tim C.:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:04:00 +0100, Martin wrote:

It's my wife who smashes cars not my kids.

"where did that dent/green paint stripe/scratch come from?"

"what dent....? Oh, must've been done to the car by someone in the car
park while I was off shopping"

"The side-mirror is broken"
"How did that happen?"
"The car is lying on top of it"
Old December 13th, 2007, 04:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
PeterL

On Dec 13, 3:21 am, "Alan" wrote:
it apears that one point has been missed, although he may well have had a
licence for that type of vehicle NOT USED FOR HIRE & REWARD he most
certainly did not have a taxi drivers permit issued by the local hackney
office or whatever they call it in germany therefore that makes him NOT
licenced to drive a vehicle that is registered as a taxi or minibus
having said all that good luck to him, i can see why he talked the taxi
driver into it so who cares i dont

If you don't care why did you post this message?