vaccination info

Old January 23rd, 2008, 09:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

Default vaccination info

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:15:37 +0100, Dusty Furtile Morrocan
wrote:

Of course not. They would look them up on the internet or call an
innoculation center which has them, either or which this guy could
do.. Meanwhile, he would die sitting on the waitlist to see a doctor
in the UK.

You mean 15 minutes wait would kill a Brit?

I've waited that long in a queue at Tesco!

15 minutes. Right. That why when I was in the UK last week that was
another of those endless discussions on the BBC on all the waiting
lines in the NHS. Probably because guys like this don't just look up
their questions on the internet and go clog the lines.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 09:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com

15 minutes to see a doctor, what planet are you on and dont forget the week
before while you are waiting for your slot

Mars, obviously.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 09:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:41:59 GMT, "Alan"
wrote:

"Dusty Furtile Morrocan" wrote in
message ...
On the particular moment of Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:31:19 GMT in relation
to Mary's disappointingly immaculate rumpy pumpy, "Alan"
put forth:

we are going from UK to Morroco in a couple of months for 1 week, i have
read conflicting websites regarding the innoculations required, has anyone
been there recently or does anyone know what is required

Well, we went there a few weeks ago, and didn't get any inoculations.
There are nasties around you can catch, but it's unlikely in the main
tourist regions. The worst you are likely to get is an upset belly!

Vaccinations against tuberculosis and hepatitis B are the main ones to
consider.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
---
--

many thanks for your sensible and polite response, unlike some

So you are going to follow his nonmedical advice because you find him
polite and sensible? Instead of a medical database?
Old January 23rd, 2008, 09:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:56:57 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:58:24 -0000, "JohnT" wrote:

"Hatunen" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 00:05:57 +0530, "William Black"
wrote:

"Alan" wrote in message
we are going from UK to Morroco in a couple of months for 1 week, i have
read conflicting websites regarding the innoculations required, has
anyone
been there recently or does anyone know what is required

If you're UK resident than free advice is available from your doctor.

So, then, all UK doctors are all familiar with the innoculation
requirements for tourists to any country in the world?

No, but there is an NHS database which they can consult.

once EDS get the software to work.

Anybody look it up in the WHO book or on the WHO website.

Or the CDC site in the US. Diseases don't normally discriminate
between nationalities.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 09:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

John Kulp wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:32:45 +0000, (David Horne,
_the_ chancellor (*)) wrote:

John Kulp wrote:

[]
Of course not. They would look them up on the internet or call an
innoculation center which has them, either or which this guy could
do.. Meanwhile, he would die sitting on the waitlist to see a doctor
in the UK.

It would take a couple of days at most to see a doctor for such a thing.
Most times I've seen my doctor, I've been able to get a last minute same
day appointment, providing I could take the time to go. If you haven't
lived in the UK and had an NHS doctor, you should really sit on your
hands. There are waiting lists, of course, but seeing your doctor is
usually quick.

Well, whatever time it takes, why would anyone take up a doctor's time
with a question like this when you can simply look it up?

I was addressing your point about the waitlist.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the
Old January 23rd, 2008, 09:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:10:55 +0000, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

we are going from UK to Morroco in a couple of months for 1 week, i have
read conflicting websites regarding the innoculations required, has anyone
been there recently or does anyone know what is required

If you spell them right - "Morocco", "inoculation" - you have a better
chance of getting good answers back from a google search.

Nice snobbery.

If you're UK resident than free advice is available from your doctor.
So, then, all UK doctors are all familiar with the innoculation
requirements for tourists to any country in the world?

Of course not.

For routine destinations like Morocco they would probably know without
needing to look it up - virtually every doctor in the UK would have a
patient visiting there at some point.

What a beautiful waste of their time.

They would look them up on the internet or call an
innoculation center which has them, either or which this guy could
do.

More likely they would look up the latest issue of the relevant leaflet
in a looseleaf binder on their desk.

Whatever. All of this is easily available on the internet without
wasting a doctor's time.

Meanwhile, he would die sitting on the waitlist to see a doctor
in the UK.

Do you realize how much of an idiot you're making of yourself to
people who actually live here and know how the NHS works?

Do you realize what an idiot you are for not realizing I was joking
you humorless twit?
Old January 23rd, 2008, 09:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

Of course not. They would look them up on the internet or call an
innoculation center which has them, either or which this guy could
do.. Meanwhile, he would die sitting on the waitlist to see a doctor
in the UK.

You mean 15 minutes wait would kill a Brit?

I've waited that long in a queue at Tesco!

15 minutes. Right. That why when I was in the UK last week that was
another of those endless discussions on the BBC on all the waiting
lines in the NHS. Probably because guys like this don't just look up
their questions on the internet and go clog the lines.

Not to see USPrimary Care PhysiciansUS. Maybe you should pay
attention next time?

Old January 23rd, 2008, 09:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

John Kulp wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:10:55 +0000, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

[]
Do you realize how much of an idiot you're making of yourself to
people who actually live here and know how the NHS works?

Do you realize what an idiot you are for not realizing I was joking
you humorless twit?

I didn't think you were joking either.