I FIND CARNIVAL'S OFFER INSULTING!

Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carol Eskra

Default I FIND CARNIVAL'S OFFER INSULTING!

It was just announced that Carnival has offered passengers on the Costa
Concordia a 30% discount on a future cruise!

Old January 23rd, 2012, 11:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carol Eskra

The offer was made to the surviving passengers on the Costa Concordia
cruise. Heard it on the news, and you can read all about it on the net!

Old January 23rd, 2012, 11:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carol Eskra

The New York Daily News started apparently this rumor, and now Carnival
denies this!

Old January 24th, 2012, 01:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 1/23/2012 5:18 PM, Carol Eskra wrote:
The New York Daily News started apparently this rumor, and now Carnival
denies this!

Because it's not true?

What is true is that passengers who were already at their hotels waiting
for the cruise (it seems like you could board in different ports) were
also only offered the 30% discount and Costa did not offer anything for
their airfare changes unless they had booked their air thru Costa. I
haven't been paying attention to that so I do not know if they sweetened
the deal, but I did read a quote shortly after the accident from someone
who was in Barcelona waiting for the cruise and was going to have to
stick around for a week before her return flight was due to leave.

Apparently Costa is known for being cheap on compensation offers.

Bill
Old January 24th, 2012, 01:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article , Bill
wrote:

On 1/23/2012 5:18 PM, Carol Eskra wrote:
The New York Daily News started apparently this rumor, and now Carnival
denies this!

Because it's not true?

"Don't believe I'm taken in by stories I have heard. I just read the
Daily News and swear by every word.
Steely Dan, Barrytown (grin)

Old January 24th, 2012, 02:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

In article , Bill
wrote:

Apparently Costa is known for being cheap on compensation offers.

You mean Carnival is known for being cheap on comp offers.
Old January 24th, 2012, 02:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 1/23/2012 8:00 PM, Ray Goldenberg wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Apparently Costa is known for being cheap on compensation offers.

You mean Carnival is known for being cheap on comp offers.

No, I mean Costa, because it's Costa that is making the offer, not
Carnival (although they own Costa). Carnival might be cheap as well, I
don't know.

Bill