Pax with infant downgraded on Emirates A340-500

Old April 8th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Howard Long

Default Pax with infant downgraded on Emirates A340-500

I had almost forgotten about an incident on a recent Emirates flight from
DXB-LGW. A lady boarded the plane and took the seat across the aisle from me
with here infant in FC. After several minutes of exchange with an airline
ground agent, she was downgraded to BC apparently because infants weren't
allowed to sit on laps in the FC suite. As it was a full flight a lucky guy
got upgraded from BC.

I never discovered an obvious reason why this would be, although I got the
impression it might be some sort of safety related issue.

Howard

Old April 8th, 2004, 07:49 PM
S. WATSON

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 13:16:49 +0000 (UTC), "Howard Long"
wrote:

I had almost forgotten about an incident on a recent Emirates flight from
DXB-LGW. A lady boarded the plane and took the seat across the aisle from me
with here infant in FC. After several minutes of exchange with an airline
ground agent, she was downgraded to BC apparently because infants weren't
allowed to sit on laps in the FC suite. As it was a full flight a lucky guy
got upgraded from BC.

I never discovered an obvious reason why this would be, although I got the
impression it might be some sort of safety related issue.

Howard

i worked for pan am years ago and they didnt allow kids in first class
either
stan
Old April 8th, 2004, 08:48 PM

A lady boarded the plane and took the seat across the aisle from me with
here infant in FC. After several minutes of exchange with an airline ground
agent, she was downgraded to BC apparently because infants weren't allowed
to sit on laps in the FC suite.

Well, GOOD! That's what she gets for dragging that little **** along to
annoy the more responsible passengers.

Old April 8th, 2004, 11:20 PM
MC

"Howard Long" wrote in message
I had almost forgotten about an incident on a recent Emirates flight from
DXB-LGW. A lady boarded the plane and took the seat across the aisle from

me
with here infant in FC. After several minutes of exchange with an airline
ground agent, she was downgraded to BC apparently because infants weren't
allowed to sit on laps in the FC suite. As it was a full flight a lucky

guy
got upgraded from BC.

I never discovered an obvious reason why this would be, although I got the
impression it might be some sort of safety related issue.

Howard

Kids who are a potential annoyance should not be allowed in BC let alone FC.

MC

Old April 9th, 2004, 12:30 AM
~~ Ray ~~

Maybe because its casue kids scream during the flight, and the airline dont
exactly like loosing FC Pax i mean they did pay for the quite and comfort.
So instead of cheesing 6 FC Pax off they chose to cheese 1 FC pax off and
downgraded her.

Old April 9th, 2004, 08:07 AM
AJC

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 23:20:17 +0100, "MC"
wrote:

"Howard Long" wrote in message
I had almost forgotten about an incident on a recent Emirates flight from
DXB-LGW. A lady boarded the plane and took the seat across the aisle from

me
with here infant in FC. After several minutes of exchange with an airline
ground agent, she was downgraded to BC apparently because infants weren't
allowed to sit on laps in the FC suite. As it was a full flight a lucky

guy
got upgraded from BC.

I never discovered an obvious reason why this would be, although I got the
impression it might be some sort of safety related issue.

Howard

Kids who are a potential annoyance should not be allowed in BC let alone FC.

MC

I agree. Adults who are a potential annoyance too.
--==++AJC++==--
Old April 10th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Trust No One®

~~ Ray ~~ wrote:
Maybe because its casue kids scream during the flight, and the
airline dont exactly like loosing FC Pax i mean they did pay for the
quite and comfort. So instead of cheesing 6 FC Pax off they chose to
cheese 1 FC pax off and downgraded her.

Wonder whether the same rule would apply to a wealthy Hollywood filmstar and
his/her squalling brat

--
Peter X-Files Fan
Please Note: Emailed replies cc'd / bcc'd , containing HTML or attachments

Old April 10th, 2004, 03:00 PM
jboy

"MC" wrote in message
[...]

OK Sir I'll just put you out on the wing where you can have a whole wing to
yourself.. 8-) Get real guys if someone can pay for it they can mostly sit
where they like. I have to suffer it as well as you..

Old April 11th, 2004, 01:06 AM
MC

"jboy" wrote in message

"MC" wrote in message
[...]

With respect, I pay "extra" for the "extra" quality and comfort during my
flight. Comfort means I should not have to put up with undue the noise and
disruption children can cause within the cabin environment. Now, granted,
not all kids are like this. However, all kids can cause more potential
(note "potential") disruption than adults and should not be imposed on those
paying a lot of extra £s and $s for reasons I have just explained. Luckily
I have not experienced problem kids in BC (yet) but I know it can happen
from the stories told on these ngs.

FC and BC should be child free zones. Prevention is better than cure.

MC