Cunard Drops $75 Admin Fee

Old July 19th, 2005, 12:32 AM
E.k.R.

Default Cunard Drops $75 Admin Fee

Something good has definitely come of Princess taking over Cunard Line.
Cunard (under Princess management) has recently dropped the non-refundable
$75 fee that was assessed for any deposited booking that was canceled. This
fee was charged with no regard to how far out the booking was canceled.

This policy went against the grain of how every other major cruise operator
did business in N. America. It was a sour point for consumers and travel
agents alike.

You may now cancel a Cunard booking outside 120 days and receive a full
refund of monies paid. This is in check with just about every other cruise
line doing business in N. America.

Ernie

Old July 19th, 2005, 12:48 AM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:32:12 -0400, E.k.R. wrote:

Something good has definitely come of Princess taking over Cunard Line.
Cunard (under Princess management) has recently dropped the non-refundable
$75 fee that was assessed for any deposited booking that was canceled. This
fee was charged with no regard to how far out the booking was canceled.

This policy went against the grain of how every other major cruise operator
did business in N. America. It was a sour point for consumers and travel
agents alike.

You may now cancel a Cunard booking outside 120 days and receive a full
refund of monies paid. This is in check with just about every other cruise
line doing business in N. America.

Ernie

Down, down, down come the pretentious walls of Cunard.
--
1990 FBI busted BCCL Bank finding that CIA complicit with $4B funding of
Iraqi nuclear plants. We build countries so we can blow them up.
Old July 20th, 2005, 05:49 AM
How B

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:32:12 -0400, E.k.R. wrote:
You may now cancel a Cunard booking outside 120 days and receive a full
refund of monies paid. This is in check with just about every other cruise
line doing business in N. America.

Down, down, down come the pretentious walls of Cunard.

It's called hubris... or chutzpah... or just plain ********.

I had mentioned in an earlier thread that features like guest lecturers
and the planetarium could entice me into paying a premium price, but I
guess I lied. I just looked into a 3-night cruise out of L.A. next
February--a day in Ensenada and a day at sea.

Convenient, since I live within an hour of the port. Desirable, because
guest lecturer/ship expert Bill Miller will be on board. No way,
because fares (pppn) are still hovering around $200 inside, $300
outside, $400 balcony. And, even a cruise to nowhere would be better
than to Ensenada.

I'm sure that one of our TA's will chime in right now to say it's
filling up fast at those prices. After the novelty wears off, then what?

How B

Old July 20th, 2005, 06:09 AM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:49:17 -0700, How B wrote:

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
[...]

It will be just another ship, overhyped from the get-go.