Halloween has nothing to do with the dead anymore

Old October 17th, 2007, 08:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Halloween has nothing to do with the dead anymore

I believe that the spirit of Halloween has nothing to do with the
dead. I think it is a holiday for the living to enjoy especially the
kids. Kids to just love this Holiday for the candy and the costumes.
So I think people can continue to celebrate halloween because of its
feel good aspect. I do not think it's dark origin has much effect on
it. I think the good and pure spirits of the children has made it
into a very good holiday.

Do you think that we should abstain from Halloween activities because
of its origin?

GovernessJoy
http://123kidsoftheworld.blogspot.com

Old October 17th, 2007, 11:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

wrote in message
oups.com...
I believe that the spirit of Halloween has nothing to do with the
dead. I think it is a holiday for the living to enjoy especially the
kids. Kids to just love this Holiday for the candy and the costumes.
So I think people can continue to celebrate halloween because of its
feel good aspect. I do not think it's dark origin has much effect on
it. I think the good and pure spirits of the children has made it
into a very good holiday.

Do you think that we should abstain from Halloween activities because
of its origin?

GovernessJoy
http://123kidsoftheworld.blogspot.com

And this has what to do with cruising?

--Jean

Old October 18th, 2007, 12:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

The cow an I set up barbed wire outside ourt house on Haloween, we are
seniors and don't care for kids!
"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

oups.com...

Old October 18th, 2007, 01:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
sheree

welcome back jean
she wants people to go to her website
she's been posting a lot over the past day or so
shere

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

oups.com...

Old October 18th, 2007, 01:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Think they should continue with the halloween tradition,it is a fun time
for kids,just a shame that so many people do mean things to the kids at
this time of year,it is getting so a lot of parents do not allow their
children to trick or treat

cruise lover

Old October 18th, 2007, 01:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

JEAN:
lighten up,this was someones passing thought,and by the way WELCOME HOME
hope your trip went well
surfer e2468

cruise lover

Old October 18th, 2007, 01:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RICK DAVIS

During the Sleazy 4 Halloween Havoc Cruise aboard the Carnival Conquest
the ship had a haunted house. The staff looked like they had a blast
playing the parts. I don't think anyone takes this as a serious "dark"
holiday. If they do....so be it. No difference in my life.

Old October 18th, 2007, 07:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_1_]

On 10/17/2007 6:11 PM Jean O'Boyle consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I believe that the spirit of Halloween has nothing to do with the
dead. I think it is a holiday for the living to enjoy especially the
kids. Kids to just love this Holiday for the candy and the costumes.
So I think people can continue to celebrate halloween because of its
feel good aspect. I do not think it's dark origin has much effect on
it. I think the good and pure spirits of the children has made it
into a very good holiday.

Do you think that we should abstain from Halloween activities because
of its origin?

GovernessJoy
http://123kidsoftheworld.blogspot.com

And this has what to do with cruising?

--Jean

Absolutely nothing unless you cruise to Mexico, where the holiday is
called "Day of The Dead".

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old October 18th, 2007, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"sheree" wrote in message
welcome back jean
she wants people to go to her website
she's been posting a lot over the past day or so
shere

Thanks, Sheree, it's good to be home after being away for 19 days! Am
nearly finished with the laundry and now the ironing begins! ;-(

I noticed that Governess Joy was spamming and Phil alerted us to the fact
that she and are one and the same and John T caught on
early in the game that she was definitely advertising which we all know is a
"no-no" in this newsgroup. She's new so maybe by now she understands the
policy....at least better than our resident troll spammer John S.

T'was sooo good seeing you and the gang last Saturday at the luncheon..How
sad that Kevin had to get a migraine which prevented him and Sue from being
able to join us. What a nice surprise to see Jeff come after all! THAT's
what Charles nearly spilled when we were talking! Then Tom K.would not let
him finish what he started to say...as if I could have gotten ANYTHING out
of Charles had I tried! He is soooo contrary when it comes to even
touching his camera! ;-) Ermalee and Hazel got lost both in coming and
going! Was relieved to finally get Erm's call telling me that she was
pulling into her driveway at nine o'clock that night...Those Jersey roads
were a PITN for us who had to drive them the past week!!! From jug handles
to no clear signage ...what can I say??? It was nice that Lola and John
drove all the way from Canada to join in the festivities...It was really
great seeing Kate, her grandsons and her lovely Mom...I hope I look half as
good when I hit 94! Also very nice to finally meet Brian K...although he is
not as talkative and informative as he is when posting here. My sister
really enjoyed the company and the food...She thinks I have some *purty*
nice friends...So do I!

--Jean
P.S. Sheree, tell that cute 13 year old son of yours that he will be taller
than I am...but NEXT year...but I will never catch up with his shoe size!!!

Old October 18th, 2007, 10:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Brian K" wrote in message

And this has what to do with cruising?

--Jean

Absolutely nothing unless you cruise to Mexico, where the holiday is
called "Day of The Dead".
Brian M. Kochera

Ha! Brian....you don't even have to go that far....just come to San Antonio!

--Jean