Thank You, TSA

Old February 21st, 2008, 11:39 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Robert Cohen

Default Thank You, TSA

When it does good work, then I should comment on that too.

http://suncoastpinellas.tbo.com/cont...r-hidden-book/
Old February 22nd, 2008, 01:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

"Robert Cohen" wrote in message
When it does good work, then I should comment on that too.

http://suncoastpinellas.tbo.com/cont...r-hidden-book/

It's going to be interesting to follow the story, and see what they do with
him.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 07:06 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Robert Cohen wrote:

When it does good work, then I should comment on that too.

http://suncoastpinellas.tbo.com/cont...r-hidden-book/

Yes, great. Box cutters. How many years did we go without a boxcutter
incident when boxcutters were permitted aboard? There is no evidence
he planned to use it on the plane. The cabin door is locked. He ain't
getting control of the plane with boxcutters.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:03 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Binyamin Dissen

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:39:12 -0800 (PST) Robert Cohen
wrote:

:When it does good work, then I should comment on that too.

:http://suncoastpinellas.tbo.com/cont...r-hidden-book/

In anyone - at all - surprised to learn that he is a moslem?

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old February 22nd, 2008, 01:05 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Robert Cohen wrote:

When it does good work, then I should comment on that too.

http://suncoastpinellas.tbo.com/cont...t-had-box-cutt
er-hidden-book/

Yes, great. Box cutters. How many years did we go without a boxcutter
incident when boxcutters were permitted aboard? There is no evidence
he planned to use it on the plane. The cabin door is locked. He ain't
getting control of the plane with boxcutters.

You have got to be kidding. Why in the world would the guy put himself
at risk of being arrested and go to the trouble of hollowing out a bug
to smuggle on a box cutter if he had no intention of using it on the
flight? If he didn't want to use it in flight, he could have packed the
box cutter in his checked luggage or simply purchased one at his
destination.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 08:50 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Martin D. Pay

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:03:20 +0200, Binyamin Dissen
mangled uncounted electrons thus:

wrote:

:When it does good work, then I should comment on that too.

:http://suncoastpinellas.tbo.com/cont...r-hidden-book/

In anyone - at all - surprised to learn that he is a moslem?

And you know this *how*?

From the books he was carrying, he could just as easily be a
student of comparative religions...

The bigotry displayed in the comments appended to the article
referenced above is appalling. I agree entirely that he should
not have the box-cutter in the cabin of the plane, but that's an
issue that the TSA dealt with promptly and efficiently
(apparently)...

Martin D. Pay
Try applying Occam's Razor occasionally - it does wonder for
one's sanity...
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:59 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

wrote:

:When it does good work, then I should comment on that too.

:http://suncoastpinellas.tbo.com/cont...r-hidden-book/

In anyone - at all - surprised to learn that he is a moslem?

He was also carrying a christain bible
Old February 23rd, 2008, 12:52 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Makhno

Try applying Occam's Razor occasionally - it does wonder for
one's sanity...

I tried to, but they wouldn't let me take it on the plane.
Old February 24th, 2008, 12:40 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 23:06:38 -0800, "Mr. Travel" wrote:

Robert Cohen wrote:

When it does good work, then I should comment on that too.

http://suncoastpinellas.tbo.com/cont...r-hidden-book/

Yes, great. Box cutters. How many years did we go without a boxcutter
incident when boxcutters were permitted aboard? There is no evidence
he planned to use it on the plane. The cabin door is locked. He ain't
getting control of the plane with boxcutters.

I understand the rate of wild baboon attacks in airports is also way
down since TSA took over. I am surprised they haven't mentioned that
in their self-back-patting press releases.

I am concerned though that they are not taking the threat of
terrorists releasing wild tigers from local zoos with the intent of
taking over flights very seriously..the recent escapes at major
metropolitan zoos may be a "dry run" for a hijacking attenpt using
tigers.

I understand that Secretary Chertoff's Intelligence staff overhead a
remark that if misconstrued and put into the wrong light after being
run through Babelfish several times could lead to an indication of a
possible dicsussion of a planned threat since wild tigers are the
"weapon of choice" for many terror groups.

NO price is too extreme and personal freedom must make wat for the
common good if it keeps us safe from rampaging wild animal threats on
our nation's aircraft.

Jim P.

Old February 28th, 2008, 07:43 PM posted to rec.travel.air
DaveM

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:05:26 -0500, Shawn Hirn wrote:

In article ,
"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Robert Cohen wrote:

When it does good work, then I should comment on that too.

http://suncoastpinellas.tbo.com/cont...t-had-box-cutt
er-hidden-book/

Yes, great. Box cutters. How many years did we go without a boxcutter
incident when boxcutters were permitted aboard? There is no evidence
he planned to use it on the plane. The cabin door is locked. He ain't
getting control of the plane with boxcutters.

You have got to be kidding. Why in the world would the guy put himself
at risk of being arrested and go to the trouble of hollowing out a bug
to smuggle on a box cutter if he had no intention of using it on the
flight? If he didn't want to use it in flight, he could have packed the
box cutter in his checked luggage or simply purchased one at his
destination.

On the other hand he'd need an awfully co-operative victim to kill anyone
with that.

DaveM