Free beer on flights?

Old March 10th, 2008, 02:51 AM posted to rec.travel.air
P T

Default Free beer on flights?

In Sep 2006 I flew MSP-ORD-HGK and return on United. On the
trans-Pacific leg beer and liquor were free.

Last month I flew MSP-TYO-SIN and return on NW. B + L were $5.

Does United also charge now?

Old March 10th, 2008, 03:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air
d.g.s.

On 3/9/2008 7:51 PM P T ignored two million years of human evolution to
write:

In Sep 2006 I flew MSP-ORD-HGK and return on United. On the
trans-Pacific leg beer and liquor were free.

Last month I flew MSP-TYO-SIN and return on NW. B + L were $5.

Does United also charge now?

Yes. Or at least they did in Economy Plus on both IAD-BRU and BRU-IAD
in the last couple of weeks.
--
dgs
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:17 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Sharkbait

P T wrote;

Last month I flew MSP-TYO-SIN and return on NW. B + L were $5.
Does United also charge now?

Only if you pay the fuel surcharge and $25 for checking the second bag.
They through in a can of beer in the deal :-)

Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 20:18:28 -0700, "d.g.s."
wrote:

On 3/9/2008 7:51 PM P T ignored two million years of human evolution to
write:

In Sep 2006 I flew MSP-ORD-HGK and return on United. On the
trans-Pacific leg beer and liquor were free.

Last month I flew MSP-TYO-SIN and return on NW. B + L were $5.

Does United also charge now?

Yes. Or at least they did in Economy Plus on both IAD-BRU and BRU-IAD
in the last couple of weeks.

If I recall correctly, digging deep into United's stuff on their
website indicates that Economy class gets free booze only on
trans-Pacific flights.

They definitely charge for it, even in Economy Plus on US to Eurpoe
flights. Lufthansa dioesn't.

JIm P.