NEW VIRUS WORM AUTOMAT AHB

Old September 19th, 2003, 01:32 PM
tile

Default NEW VIRUS WORM AUTOMAT AHB

this is a very dangerous virus
propagating as a MS service pack, an undelivered message, and so on

do not open files ..
NAV finds and eliminates it.

Old September 19th, 2003, 02:50 PM
Paul Weaver

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:32:18 +0000, tile wrote:

this is a very dangerous virus
propagating as a MS service pack, an undelivered message, and so on

do not open files ..
NAV finds and eliminates it.

Of course it doesnt affect those of us running non-windows products,
however the sheer volume and size of these messages (I'm lucky, getting
about 6MB of them an hour) will overwhelm modem users.

So who do I sue? Microsoft for releasing software unfit to be released, or
users for not patching their machines and being dumb and sending me spam
(A £5000 fine in the UK)

Old September 19th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Bob Fusillo

I got seven yesterday, and when I go up this morning there were 29 new ones.
No one yet knows its intent, but it sure do get around!
rjf
. ..

Old September 19th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Miguel Cruz

Bob Fusillo wrote:
I got seven yesterday, and when I go up this morning there were 29 new ones.
No one yet knows its intent, but it sure do get around!

I've received close to 1000 since yesterday. I really am starting to think
that Windows should be banned from the internet.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.

Old September 19th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Bob Fusillo

I updated NAV twice this a.m. and have gotten a dozen or more of the
messages since then, with not a peep from NAV.
I suppose you can tell how many address books you are in by the number of
these you get. It sends out to everyone in an affected address book.
This sort of approach has been around for so long ( although no nearly so
proliferately), I would think everybody was wise to it. MS does not send out
upgrades, packs, or whatever, by email. It does, if you are on their list,
send out notices that you should go to their upgrade site.
rjf

. ..

Old September 19th, 2003, 09:21 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Netscape identifies more than 90% as the junk they are and dumps them.
And my ISP manages to identify and block the worm in the attachments in
case I'm dumb enough to open them. Unfortunately they don't get dumped
until they are downloaded to the discomfort of the ISP. Their automated
overflow messager is mad at me. FFM

Bob Fusillo wrote:
I updated NAV twice this a.m. and have gotten a dozen or more of the
messages since then, with not a peep from NAV.
I suppose you can tell how many address books you are in by the number of
these you get. It sends out to everyone in an affected address book.
This sort of approach has been around for so long ( although no nearly so
proliferately), I would think everybody was wise to it. MS does not send out
upgrades, packs, or whatever, by email. It does, if you are on their list,
send out notices that you should go to their upgrade site.
rjf

. ..

Old September 19th, 2003, 10:40 PM
Keith Anderson

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:32:18 GMT, "tile" wrote:

this is a very dangerous virus
propagating as a MS service pack, an undelivered message, and so on

do not open files ..
NAV finds and eliminates it.

200 of the damn things in 24 hrs. Used Mailwasher to send them back -
some come from false addresses so Mailwasher tells me.