Atlantis buys RSVP

Old October 12th, 2007, 10:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mark (SF)

Default Atlantis buys RSVP

Just got an email from RSVP. Their main competition in the gay (male)
full-ship charter business, Atlantis has just agreed to buy them.

This is good news for those booked on RSVP cruises because there had
been a financial cloud over the company for the past months. They plan
on operating them as separate brands and will keep RSVP's offices in
Minneapolis. (IMHO - if I were an RSVP employee, I wouldn't be too
eager to buy a house in Minneapolis, however)

Here's a link to the announcement on the RSVP site: http://www.rsvpvacations.com/news/

Mark

Old October 12th, 2007, 10:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 14:24:48 -0700, Mark (SF) wrote:

Just got an email from RSVP. Their main competition in the gay (male)
full-ship charter business, Atlantis has just agreed to buy them.

This is good news for those booked on RSVP cruises because there had
been a financial cloud over the company for the past months. They plan
on operating them as separate brands and will keep RSVP's offices in
Minneapolis. (IMHO - if I were an RSVP employee, I wouldn't be too
eager to buy a house in Minneapolis, however)

Here's a link to the announcement on the RSVP site:

http://www.rsvpvacations.com/news/

Mark

Good is less competition?

Old October 12th, 2007, 11:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mark (SF)

On Oct 12, 2:37 pm, Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 14:24:48 -0700, Mark (SF) wrote:
Just got an email from RSVP. Their main competition in the gay (male)
full-ship charter business, Atlantis has just agreed to buy them.

This is good news for those booked on RSVP cruises because there had
been a financial cloud over the company for the past months. They plan
on operating them as separate brands and will keep RSVP's offices in
Minneapolis. (IMHO - if I were an RSVP employee, I wouldn't be too
eager to buy a house in Minneapolis, however)

Here's a link to the announcement on the RSVP site:

http://www.rsvpvacations.com/news/

Mark

Good is less competition?

Whether it's good for the industry or their market is an open
question. (...and it's likely that RSVP was in such dire straits that
their choices were being acquired and folding)

However, my statement was for those booked on RSVP cruises. For them,
it definitely IS good news -- it removes questions whether their
bookings (and deposits) might disappear.

(FWIW - because of the uncertainty, I bought insurance for my recent
cruise on RSVP)

Mark

Old October 12th, 2007, 11:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mark (SF)

On Oct 12, 2:42 pm, "clint" wrote:
Calling Larry Craig! haha"Chrissy Cruiser" wrote in message

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 14:24:48 -0700, Mark (SF) wrote:

Just got an email from RSVP. Their main competition in the gay (male)
full-ship charter business, Atlantis has just agreed to buy them.

This is good news for those booked on RSVP cruises because there had
been a financial cloud over the company for the past months. They plan
on operating them as separate brands and will keep RSVP's offices in
Minneapolis. (IMHO - if I were an RSVP employee, I wouldn't be too
eager to buy a house in Minneapolis, however)

Here's a link to the announcement on the RSVP site:

http://www.rsvpvacations.com/news/

Mark

Good is less competition?

But haven't you been listening to his statements to the press, Larry
Craig is NOT gay. (...just a wide-stanced victim of Restless Leg
Syndrome!)

Mark

Old October 13th, 2007, 03:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

On Oct 12, 6:22 pm, "Mark (SF)" wrote:

(FWIW - because of the uncertainty, I bought insurance for my recent
cruise on RSVP)

Hmmm...let's take a look at this picture. Mark takes a cruise aboard:

Premier: it goes belly-up mid-cruise

Princess: they merge with Carnival

NCL: they sell half of the company to raise cash

RSVP: they sell themselves to Darth Vader

QE2: she's on her way to Dubai shortly after

Coincidence? I think not....VBG

Warren

Old October 13th, 2007, 07:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_1_]

On 10/12/2007 6:25 PM Mark (SF) consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared:
On Oct 12, 2:42 pm, "clint" wrote:

[...]

And George Michael is *not* a T-room queen :-D

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old October 16th, 2007, 01:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake "Mark (SF)" :

[...]

I think that they were within weeks of folding up. And leaving a lot
of guys screwed. And not in a fun way.

However, my statement was for those booked on RSVP cruises. For them,
it definitely IS good news -- it removes questions whether their
bookings (and deposits) might disappear.

It does, however, put a cash flow problem in Atlantis' court. I don't
know how stable they are at the moment.

(FWIW - because of the uncertainty, I bought insurance for my recent
cruise on RSVP)

I booked two guys on an RSVP cruise last year. Haven't seen the
commission yet. I'll be calling Atlantis in a week or two.

Mark

--
dillon

Elvis is still dead
Old October 16th, 2007, 04:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

I can't imagine being on a ship of homos, getting starred at and gropped(I
am a senior)
Thus spake "Mark (SF)" :

Old October 18th, 2007, 06:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mark (SF)

On Oct 12, 7:57 pm, Warren wrote:
On Oct 12, 6:22 pm, "Mark (SF)" wrote:

(FWIW - because of the uncertainty, I bought insurance for my recent
cruise on RSVP)

Hmmm...let's take a look at this picture. Mark takes a cruise aboard:

Premier: it goes belly-up mid-cruise

Princess: they merge with Carnival

NCL: they sell half of the company to raise cash

RSVP: they sell themselves to Darth Vader

QE2: she's on her way to Dubai shortly after

Coincidence? I think not....VBG

Warren

....and you were checking out the same itinerary as our next trip??
Living dangerously, Warren!

Mark