Help - Need cheap motel in Chicago, Near Train Line

Old October 7th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Bill Robertson

Default Help - Need cheap motel in Chicago, Near Train Line

Can someone help me find a very low budget motel in Chicago, one that is
a short walk or short cab ride from one of the train lines (brown line,
orange line, or any of them). My wife and I are on a really tight
budget.
I have searched the web but haven't found anything yet. I am sure there
must be many no-name motels all around Chicago, as with any city.
Thanks,
Bill
Old October 7th, 2003, 11:36 PM
Adam H. Kerman

Bill Robertson wrote:

Can someone help me find a very low budget motel in Chicago, one that is
a short walk or short cab ride from one of the train lines (brown line,
orange line, or any of them). My wife and I are on a really tight
budget.

There are still motels on Lincoln Avenue north of Foster. The one farthest
south is the Diplomat, although there are about three not much farther to the
north. You'll be near the Western station on Ravenswood, about 3/4 mile walk.
There's also a bus on Lincoln.
Old October 8th, 2003, 01:37 AM
Gregory Morrow

Adam H. Kerman wrote:

There are still motels on Lincoln Avenue north of Foster. The one farthest
south is the Diplomat, although there are about three not much farther to

the
north. You'll be near the Western station on Ravenswood, about 3/4 mile

walk.
There's also a bus on Lincoln.

On the sout' side there used to be a motel called the "Climax Motel"...can't
find it in the phone book, must be closed 8----(

--
Best
Greg

Old October 8th, 2003, 02:01 AM
sheila miguez

In article , Bill Robertson
wrote:

Can someone help me find a very low budget motel in Chicago, one that is
a short walk or short cab ride from one of the train lines (brown line,
orange line, or any of them). My wife and I are on a really tight
budget.
I have searched the web but haven't found anything yet. I am sure there
must be many no-name motels all around Chicago, as with any city.
Thanks,
Bill

How long do you want to take for commutes? I had some friends come to
visit and they stayed at a motel near the Metra Electric south
somewhere ... Calumet?

You can take the Electric Metra to the loop and walk over or bus over
to one of the el stops.

My friends had a lot of patience, and their kid loves trains. YMMV.

--
sheila
Old October 8th, 2003, 02:20 AM
kenji

In article ,
sheila miguez wrote:

In article , Bill Robertson
wrote:

Can someone help me find a very low budget motel in Chicago, one that is
a short walk or short cab ride from one of the train lines (brown line,
orange line, or any of them). My wife and I are on a really tight
budget.
I have searched the web but haven't found anything yet. I am sure there
must be many no-name motels all around Chicago, as with any city.
Thanks,
Bill

How long do you want to take for commutes? I had some friends come to
visit and they stayed at a motel near the Metra Electric south
somewhere ... Calumet?

You can take the Electric Metra to the loop and walk over or bus over
to one of the el stops.

My friends had a lot of patience, and their kid loves trains. YMMV.

Hotel Irving, on Irving Park Road, chicago IL 60641.

It's a 5 minute bus ride from the Blue Line train of the CTA.

It's a resident kinda hotel but it keeps rooms for nightly rentals too.

The neighborhood is safe, the hotel is old.
Old October 8th, 2003, 03:35 PM
E Brown

http://www.arlingtonhouse.com/
Old October 8th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Martin Sagara

A relatively inexpensive hotel I stayed at was The Seneca, located
across the street east of the Hancock Building. It's an older hotel
(probably locally owned), but it came out cheaper than the chain
hotels located nearby. Don't know how far it is from a train station
but it's very convenient to downtown and Rush Street.

Martin